Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
    mtbr member
    A mate I ride w/ had a stiff back a couple of weeks ago... he put it out emptying the dishwasher!?

I know it's not a biking injury... but we were meeting up to do a weekends riding. Me with my arm in a sling and him hobbling around like Mr. Magoo!?

It was all rather comical.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    -=snifff!!=- What's that you say?
    Last edited by targnik; 12-06-2015 at 09:12 AM.
    to err is human... to face plant is frickin hilarious!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Sitting on the back of my truck I was removing my riding shoes when some guy on a walmart bike came whipping down from the trail head into the parking lot at warp speed. Trying to show off in front of his girlfriend he decided to try peeling out but his tires dug into the sand instead catapulting him off the bike landing right in front of me some 7 ft from his bike. Covered in sand and gravel burn he sprung back to his feet trying to play it off like he was fine. After asking if he was ok I asked if that was why he was wearing a full face helmet. :-D

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Ventral/umbilical hernia. Not 100% positive it was from wrecking but around the Sam time I noticed it I had taken a hard shot to exact spot from the stem on my bike. Didn't knock the wind out of me but I had to sit on the trail for a few before I could get back up. Wasn't from jumping or anything was just riding along maybe about 10mph and caught a rock weird with my rear tire

mtbr member
    I recently was riding in the rain and hit a rooted out spot at speed just like normal and the front tire washed then grabbed and tried to throw me OTB but I jumped sideways. I hit the inside of my ankle on the cable guide on the top tube of the frame. My ankle immediately blew up till my foot went numb and I had to open my shoes. Rode out and went home and iced it. With in a few hours my ankle and half my foot was purple. 2 days later the impact cut it also infected. That was 2 weeks ago and the cut is healing and the ankle is slowly healing.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

mtbr member
    I got one more 2 years ago first day of camping trip at Raystown I washed out in a turn. I had a choice slide left- off embankment, slide straight-hit tree, roll right miss tree. I rolled right onto my knee which grated across rocks like a cheese grater. 2 cuts 2 layers of stitch's deep and 3 hours at the hospital. Missed 2 days of riding and the last night I got to night ride.

BTW my knee pads were in the tent, I didn't wear them cause it was really hot.
    I like to fart when I'm in front of you on a climb

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    drunk and stupid, rode dwn a hill and the hadle bars went forward and no brakes so to slow down i stuck my feet out and went head first over the handle bars, gash on my temple and t7 fracture and dislocated collar bone and took 3 months to heal. have a video of incident from a go pro cam if i can upload it. could not so here is a link to it on facebook. handle bars tightened afterward and brake is now working.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1709874729225523

mtbr member
    Yesterday.......taking off a cassette lock ring......popped a hernia......yup......that really happened.....eff me. Ring was on good from the factory.....pushing the wrench one way while holding a cassette wrench with the other hand......pushed real hard......and my genetic defect gave way before the cassette......

Had one taken care of on the other side 16 years ago.....now I have a surgical consult in 2 weeks......need to be back on the damn bike and at 75-80% for June.....

At least it is a small one and I can get it scoped vs. the 3" scar I have from the old one....
    2016 Pivot Mach 429er Pro 1X
    2008 Cannondale Rush
    2001 Ibis Ripley Soft Tail
    1997 Ibis Alibi HT
    Motobecane Lurch Fat Bike

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by River19 View Post
    Yesterday.......taking off a cassette lock ring......popped a hernia......yup......that really happened.....eff me. Ring was on good from the factory.....pushing the wrench one way while holding a cassette wrench with the other hand......pushed real hard......and my genetic defect gave way before the cassette......

Had one taken care of on the other side 16 years ago.....now I have a surgical consult in 2 weeks......need to be back on the damn bike and at 75-80% for June.....

At least it is a small one and I can get it scoped vs. the 3" scar I have from the old one....
    Not gonna lie. This had me dying laughing while opening a package of new bike parts I ordered. Hopefully I dont pop a hernia while installing them!

Does NOT know it all!
    Back in 1996 I just picked up my brand new Specialized Stumpjumper M2FS Comp with my first ever clipless pedals. I worked for my town's public works department and I was riding to my town's new multi-million dollar flood control pump station to show all the big wigs and engineers how to run it.

As I rode up to the rather large crowd at the control panal I came to a stop and when I went to put my foot down I forgot I was clipped into my new pedals. I just fell over on my right side still clipped into my pedals and as I looked up one of the engineers said to no one "And this is the guy that's going to show us how this works".

I never felt more stupid than I did at that moment, but I got up and unlocked the panal and fired up the pumps showing them I was smarter than I looked.

After I rode home I read how to make the pedals much eaiser to click out of and that never happened again.

mtbr member
    cleat was clogged with mud at the end of a ride i went to hop up onto a sidewalk by my place and thought i was clipped in securely. i wasn't. my foot came out and my foot lifted when i came back down my full weight of my right foot pushed the crank backwards and my pedal went pretty deep into my shin. golfball size bump and it got infected and i had to to the doctor. ha ha ha. that was lame.

also first ride in clipless did good all ride got back home, unclipped right, leaned left.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10