mtbr member

knee's making noises???

im 15 and my knee's pop and make noises when a get up, would this be related to riding my bike? if so what should i do about this?

bi-winning
    i have cracking joints too. started a few years ago - i am 19 now. it does not cause me pain. i asked my doctor about it, and he said not to worry. i don't remember what the exact description was, but he said it had something to do with the fluid in the joints moving around.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    ya mine dont hurt either, is there a way to like stretch your knee's, so your not putting strain on them?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    yeah mine do the same thing and so do my dads. no problems with them and i dont think its anything to worry about. you cant stretch your knees perse, but it important to stretch the muscles in your legs around your knees (quads, hamstring, calf, etc) its also important to warm up your knees before any activity like biking. a good way to do it is to put your knees together, put your hands on them and rotate them through their range of motion (gently!!) for a minute or two. this warms up the ligaments and tendons and helps to prevent injuries. biking has actually seemed to help my knees recover faster from an MCL strain

mtbr member
    alright, thanks for the help guys.