Thread: Knees

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Knees

I have been cycling all my life, mainly road, MTB now.

Anyway i was wondering whether cycling wares out your knees, and if so what can be done to reduce the risk of future issues.
    thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Well yes it would wear out if proper technique isnt used. Also if saddle height is too low and standing up to pedal for long periods of time WILL wear them out much quicker.
    Giant Yukon 09'
    Merida NinetySix
    Marin 09 Quake 7.9

The more the better
    The more you ride it is inevitable, just like tennis elbow for example. As stated above putting more weight on your knees while riding is a bad idea. Causing your knees to strain a lot more. To take some steps to reduce this? Well, let your body have a chance to recover before going out and hitting the trails hard again. Take Vitamins and build strength in your joints by lite work-outs, and make sure to get in a good stretch before every ride.

mtbr member
    Cycling is one the best exercises for your knees . If you use proper technique& saddle height I wouldn't worry to much about it. Your weight will also help with strain on your knees also.. Stretching is good before a ride but make sure you are warmed up before you stretch never do a cold stretch
    1.. 2.. 3... 4...........FIFFFFFFF !!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Cheers thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0