mtbr member

Knee pain, fitting question.

Hi All,

I have two bikes a SS Monocog 29er and a Bianchi Vigorelli roadie. When I ride the roadie for any real distance or put a lot of effort into climbing while seated I'm getting dull burn type of pain on the inside edge of my right kneecap. I had a fitting adjustment done on Monday. I'm thinking we are pretty close fore and aft, up and down now. I was hoping we were fixed actually. Riding the SS doesn't seem to aggravate the knee, After a few days off the roadie, on Thursday, I did a 45 min. ride on an intermediate single track. This ride made my knee feel good. No pain at all that night or the next day.

Then on Sunday I rode a 50 at the Little Rock Big Dam 100.My first 50 It started hurting during the ride again though. My knee hurts when bending, not standing or walking. It isn't as bad as the first 47 mile ride I did a couple of weeks ago either. The fitting helped but not 100% yet.

I made an observation last night pedaling to the corner and back on the SS with my little guys. My eggbeaters are allowing me to point my toes out quite a bit more than the Look type cleats on the roadie. The road shoes are pretty much parallel to the bike right now. Does this sound like a prime suspect to you guys? Is there a normal amount ( I don't know what to call it?) of angle off center, toe out?

Going back to the fitter won't cost me a thing other than an hour drive. Unfortunately, I'm heading out of town for six days so I have to wait anyway. So what suggestions might some of you with knee injury experience have?

Thanks bunches,
    FlynG

I'm a dog person
    I had similar problems. I switched to Speedplay pedals on my MTB and road bikes. Problem solved.
    "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings."