mtbr member

Knee Pain Difference

Howdy injured bikers.

I am wandering what the difference is between immediate knee pain right after the crash and delayed knee pain three, four days after the crash?

I read something about it being an expected question at the doc. Yet I've been to three docs already and made sure they knew this detail. But they didn't really care about it.

Any input?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbuz
    Howdy injured bikers.

I am wandering what the difference is between immediate knee pain right after the crash and delayed knee pain three, four days after the crash?

I read something about it being an expected question at the doc. Yet I've been to three docs already and made sure they knew this detail. But they didn't really care about it.

Any input?
    I've read up quite a bit on knees and knee injuries having had one myself and off and on problems, but never heard that.

mtbr member
    I got it from a questionaire on a web MD site somewhere... I figured it meant something.
    I had a quad contusion but three days later my knee got the telegram that we had an accident

sixsixtysix
    Thats usually the case, if you injure any muscles leading to your joints the body will usually have a chain reaction. If the quad tightens up, it'll pull on your knee which after a few days will start to get sore. The opposite is also true, if you injure your knee joint, your body will go into "protect" mode and shut down all the muscles leading to it to prevent further injury.

mtbr member
    Thats usually the case
    Exact same words my ortho used

Deja vuish. Must be that... indeed... it is usually the case

Edit:

Anyway... today I woke up much better but now have all kinds of strange "pains" and "aches" my muscles are jumping at will, some stabbing pain here and there, little "muscle like marvels" appeared next to a couple of bruises. And I think the Toradol is finally buggin me. I feel sleepy and shortbreathed, plus some aches in the neck and torso. From bed, TV and laptop I guess

Oh I forgot, my cat bit me.
    Then I had to go to the office and while trying to get in my truck he also closed the door while I was managing to bring my injured leg in.
    O.K. Thats my blog rant.
    Last edited by Arbuz; 02-08-2007 at 06:39 PM.