In my mind, I can do it!

Knee Pain 2- any Doc's or therapists in the house?

Previously posted in the General Forum:

Lately I have been having slight pain in my right inside knee. It's probably something around the medial collateral ligament area and the pain is more of a burning sensation with an occasional sharp pain. I have no idea what caused it.

Question 1. Does this sound like a MCL sprain?

Question 2. Could something like this have resulted from possibly improperly adjusted clipless pedals or maybe heavy lifting, like exercize?

Also, I have had joint pain in my left hip in the ball joint area, same feeling as above with the knee but different leg. I can't explain any of this except maybe the new bike and pedal alignment or something. Both of these have been happening for over a month now.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Not a doctor...

If the pain has lasted for a month as you say, then it's time to have a sports physician take a look at it. There's no sense in pushing it further and hoping it will go away. Could be something simple, but it could also be something that needs attention. Either way it would be best to have it looked at. Good luck, let us know how you make out.

mtbr member
    May 2006

Knee pain 2

The best thing would be to get it checked by a PT, or sports/ ortho MD. That being said: Do you have any back pain? Both Back and Hip joint pain can refer to the medial knee. Of course they can be related... hip bone connected to the knee bone etc. You could have muscle imbalances that are at the root of both.
    Do you have any pain, creaking, popping or feelings of giving away during any activites like squatting, going up or down stairs, walking, running, turning?
    Does the pain increase the longer you ride, decrease after you get going, or is it relatively constant.
    You said increasing your seat height helped right?
    Have you tried anything that makes it better or worse?
    Is it better with the knee straight or bent?
    Brad

PROEDGEBIKER.COM
    Quote Originally Posted by iviguy
    Previously posted in the General Forum:

Lately I have been having slight pain in my right inside knee. It's probably something around the medial collateral ligament area and the pain is more of a burning sensation with an occasional sharp pain. I have no idea what caused it.

Question 1. Does this sound like a MCL sprain?

Question 2. Could something like this have resulted from possibly improperly adjusted clipless pedals or maybe heavy lifting, like exercize?

Also, I have had joint pain in my left hip in the ball joint area, same feeling as above with the knee but different leg. I can't explain any of this except maybe the new bike and pedal alignment or something. Both of these have been happening for over a month now.
    Check it our new product for the knees while you're injured:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpro...butionsQQhtZ-1