meh?

Injury Prevention Thread!

I ride around with a bear bell velcro'd to my seat post so that people hear me coming (bears too I guess). However, I took it off last week, and then immediately had a head on crash with another rider. He snapped off the bridge on his very new looking Reba.

Talking about our injuries is one thing, but what do you do to prevent getting in trouble to begin with? Obviously the first, and biggest, thing is to develop your skills. My bear bell has saved me from collisions with other riders a few times. Any other suggestions?
    2013 Chromag Rootdown
    2010 SC Chameleon
    2001 Specalized Rockhopper FSR

Warrior's Society
    Don't wanna get hurt.......don't crash.....don't ride your bike.....don't go outside.....don't get out of bed.

Seriously, if you ride, yer gonna get hurt....whether its your fault or not....sh*t happens.

Just ride your ride your bike and don't worry about it.
    Last edited by mtnbikej; 11-15-2012 at 01:39 PM.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    The one thing I have found is that the more cautious you are, the more you try to be safe and prevent injury, the more scared you are, and the more likely it will happen.

meh?
    Quote Originally Posted by joshh View Post
    The one thing I have found is that the more cautious you are, the more you try to be safe and prevent injury, the more scared you are, and the more likely it will happen.
    I agree. That's why I use the bear bell. It keeps me out of trouble without having to think about it, and the more rough the terrain, the louder it is.
    2013 Chromag Rootdown
    2010 SC Chameleon
    2001 Specalized Rockhopper FSR