Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

how many people see a chiropractor

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Frs1661 
#1 ·
Just curious as to how many people see a chiropractor. I have been dealing with lower back pain that comes and goes and have been thinking about going to see a chiropractor. I am wondering what the results have been for the majority of those that go.

#2 ·
I get treated every now and then...Our chiro is great! $35.00 per visit, cash only, no insurance allowed...I have some neck problems that I've gotten cracked out. I've literally gone from not being able to walk, to not feeling any pain within 4 visits over two weeks...but it does depend on who it is popping you into place, and how good they are at what they do.

#3 ·
I generally refer to those in that profession as chiro-"quack"-tors.

Be *very* careful dealing with these folks.

I was lucky to have found a sports medicine doctor who knows about "alignment" and the related issues, but he's got a degree, is very knowledgable, understands the downsides/dangers of chiro's and is very good.

Anytime you walk into a "doctors" office and there is stuff For Sale in the waiting room (magical yoga matts etc), turn around head for the door.

my $.02 fwiw...

#5 ·
I do. Can't go without with all the crashing I do. My doc only has a general knowledge on common ailments and med's but the chiro knows all the bones, joints and muscles of both the spine and the extremities. The doc has to grab the book.

#6 ·
I go occasionally. Mostly after I end up rubber side up somewhere in the woods.

I injured my midback pretty well in my last serious crash; very tight, pain when reaching and grabbing things, etc.. Chiro definitely helped my recover from that one.

You do have to be careful about who you use though. Having all kinds of herbal supplements for sale and ads for 'stop smoking though hypnosis' ads everywhere is definitely a bad sign.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.