mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Hot foot while NOT riding bike

I need an e-diagnosis. I started getting hot foot on the right foot on my longer rides about 4 weeks ago. Left foot is fine. It only starting acting up toward the end of my rides. I decided to take some time off the bike and figured it would just go away.

Well, I haven't ridden in over 2 weeks now and I can feel the hot foot on/off just walking around. It is centered around the ball of the foot and sometimes sends pain up toes 2 and 3. If I push on the area with my hands while seated it doesn't hurt - I have to be standing. It doesn't hurt all the time - only some times.

Anybody know what this is? Is it just tight ham strings or something simple like that?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

hotfoot

Quote Originally Posted by steiny View Post
    I need an e-diagnosis. I started getting hot foot on the right foot on my longer rides about 4 weeks ago. Left foot is fine. It only starting acting up toward the end of my rides. I decided to take some time off the bike and figured it would just go away.

Well, I haven't ridden in over 2 weeks now and I can feel the hot foot on/off just walking around. It is centered around the ball of the foot and sometimes sends pain up toes 2 and 3. If I push on the area with my hands while seated it doesn't hurt - I have to be standing. It doesn't hurt all the time - only some times.

Anybody know what this is? Is it just tight ham strings or something simple like that?
    Well, i had a something i would describe as hotfoot.

Mine was two issues. 1 my right foot is half a size larger than my left foot.
    2 i saw a chiropractor and my pelvis was slightly twisted, basicly i had a vertabre out of place, he corrected it and i got a nice rush of warmth in my leftleg .

My outer 3 toes on my right were being compressed my my shoe. I picked up a pair of heel less vibram shoes and wore them for a few weeks. No more hot foot.

Foot doc said shoes with heels can realy mess up low back allignment.

Weird thIng is my calves and upper back muscles were sore for two weeks from the vibrams but all my feet issues are gone now.

Goodluck.