mtbr member

Hoping for fast recovery

Last Sunday I had a minor accident that put me in the hospital for several days. I had a collapsed lung, broke both collarbones and 4 ribs, minor cuts and bruises and broke my helmet in half. The good news is that I'm home now, the collarbones and ribs don't bother me. I broke 3 ribs last year and they felt much worse. I just can't breathe properly. The lung thing is a serious bummer. It makes every little thing I do a major effort. I'm short of breath constantly and can't stand not being able to get as much oxygen as I need/want. Has anyone else had a collapsed lung and about how long before you could ride again? I plan on giving the trainer a try sometime next week. Just for short spins at first, then see what kind of progress I make. I'm still on some serious pain killers, but I'm trying to ween myself off of them.

dirt diva

Minor?

Hey Sparky.. you call that minor?? Good grief! I found it hard to breathe just reading your post. I don't have any advice... but wanted to say I feel for ya.

Paula

mtbr member
    I guess i was kind of being sarcastic at the time. In all seriousness though I think I've probably had worse crashes with far less serious results. But a little over a week now and the breathing is coming back to almost normal. Tried the trainer for a few minutes and my lungs felt fine but my collarbone started bothering me. Wasn't really expecting that but I guess I really do need more time to heal.