mtbr member
    Sep 2005

HELP!! Encouraging Tendon / Muscle recovery

hi guys...wanna ask all those who has experience in recovering from tendon or muscle injuries....recently i had a rather bad crash a week ago..landed hip first. Had a killer stinging pain in the butt and hip joints with a big bruise... Couldnt walk for a few days and doctor prescribed me anti-inflammatory lotion+pills and painkillers....said it was just a muscle or joint trauma.

i managed to walk after 2 days of rest and jog around after 5 days...but yesterday while stretching around i accidently tweaked it abit.

had a sharp pain for a few seconds followed by a dull ache whenever i exert force on it, i have no problem walking but jumping or running is a problem.... . I am now really worried as i have a sports trial on wednesday 7 days away. i must be able to at least do short sprints and jumps and i cant miss it as it means the world to me that i get selected.

I know i must now lay off from any activity to allow the injury to heal itself but are there any suggestions on how to encourage it to heal/recover at a faster rate? i am still applying the anti-inflammatory lotion....any tips? Thanks!

conjoinicorned
    active release therapy (deep tissue massage) can do wonders for such injuries. an experienced practitioner is a must.
    what would rainbow unicorn do?