Well Biked
    Jun 2005

Has any used acupuncture to recover from cycling injuries?

I was wondering how popular it is among riders here on the forums. Acupuncture has brought me back from a bunch of serious injuries, and helped speed my recovery time from some surguries, broken bones and nerve damage.

These days it's mostly recovery from smaller stuff, like tendonitis and knee pain. I guess I am older and wiser, and ride better bikes these days, so my injuries are the smaller more annoying types.

Any experiences good or bad would be interesting to hear about.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Acupuncture works.

mtbr member
    I had nagging tendonitis in my elbow from a crash several months previous. It wouldn't go away, so finally I tried acupuncture since I was too lazy to apply myself to physical therapy in a more disciplined way, lol. The acupuncture did result in significant improvement. I'd recommend it.
    "Careful. We don't want to learn from this." -- Calvin & Hobbes

mtbr member
    another thumbs up on acupuncture.
    from chronic knee pain to overstressed back muscles and hamstrings, stiff neck, etcetera, i always walk out of the clinic (and onto my bike) as if i had a complete reworking of my body. always plenty of good advice, sometimes pressure points to utilize while mending some nagging injury. individual practitioners can be a hit or miss.
    i am lucky that there is a clinic to go to where they teach, so generally i have a 4 interns, 2 grads, and one master doc overseeing each treatment. i go for general upkeep. after the hundredth visit or so (over 15 years) i have no doubt.
    do know multiple, closely spaced visits are recommended if it is significant affliction/injury.
    enjoy!