teacher
    Jun 2007

Happy 4th! My first OTB w/ pics!

I'm relatively new to mtbiking, but I'm trying to be more aggressive and get that technical stuff under my belt. So, my friend and I went out this morning at Ute Valley Park in Colorado Springs and MAN what a great ride. I ride it almost daily, but this was my first time not going solo.

I was headed down a technical section of trail, and saw ahead that there was about a 2 foot drop off a rock that I was unprepared for line-wise. Plus, I'm on a hardtail and haven't ever dropped that far, and don't plan on it (yet). After rain last night, I tried stopping at the top of the drop, but the rock/mud mixture was too much and sent me OTB off the drop. I went knee first (obviously) and took a good lickin. It was .... GREEAT!

I'm seriously doing good at keeping myself safe and not doing things I shouldn't be - - I just goofed this one. It's certainly thrilling, especially riding around for an hour after it happened haha.

Master of None
    Lookin' good! You can gauge the extent of the knee cut by how close the blood gets to your socks.

Try dropping the seat on the technical descents, it boosts confidence and gives you more room for error.

Keep the rubber side down!

Double-metric mtb man
    Here's hoping the knee heals up quick...glad you had fun in getting a bit bloody
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

teacher
    Jun 2007
    Oh it was very fun...just makes the adrenaline pump a little more. I'm off to ride again tonight over the same spot - - this time I'll be sure to slow down sooooner.