mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Gunshot or Mnt Biking Injuries Worse? Caution Graphic Images

Which is Worse?
    2 weeks ago my uncle fell on a rock and has this to show for it. 1st pic
    He didnt know he did it until he brushed the dirt off his knees.
    He ended up getting 14 stitches.

Last Friday an idiot at the gun range shot thru the lane divider and hit me in my lower thigh right above the knee. last 3 pics
    It actualy didnt hurt at all, I just felt a solid thump like I was punched.
    No stitches just steri-tape.

Neither wound bled much more than a few teaspoons
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gunshot or Mnt Biking Injuries Worse? Caution Graphic Images-photo_1-16-.jpg  

Gunshot or Mnt Biking Injuries Worse? Caution Graphic Images-photo_2-15-.jpg  

Gunshot or Mnt Biking Injuries Worse? Caution Graphic Images-photo_3-9-.jpg  

Gunshot or Mnt Biking Injuries Worse? Caution Graphic Images-photo_4-3-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I don't even know what to say... Insane would work. That shits insane!
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

Is not amused
    OP, your one lucky person. That's crazy and hopefully that idiot is banned from the shooting range. I'll leave it at that.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    If you look close at my uncles knee you can see his knee cap lol
    And it's been a week since I was shot and I can honestly say its not that bad. The bullet only hit skin and muscle and missed all nerves, bones and tendons. There is very little to no pain and other than soon having an awesome scar, the muscle seems to be knittig well with no loss of motion or strength. It's only been a week and I think by next week I'll be riding again.

P.s. the guy was banned

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Oh that's a Speer Golddot 9mm by the way and it perfectly expanded to .70caliber as it traveled

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    That is some impressive expansion for a 9mm. Have you checked the weight against an unfired slug?
    Glad it chose the least destructive path.

mtbr member
    I was hit at the range once. Luckily it was a bounce back off a steel plate (not my shot) so all the energy was dissipated so no penetration or injury, but the feeling was still very unnerving. Glad you're ok. The knee looks worse though...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

Suckin wind like a boss
    a ricochet at the range is at least understandable. shooting the guy in the stall next to you? unforgivable. you should be granted immediate rights to punch him in the dick, several times, until you are bored. that sh!t is just stupid and careless and deserving of a swollen sack.

you uncle fell on a rock? man, i hope it was after he went otb to score that scar. at least, does he have a good story for it?
    If you arent bleeding, you arent riding hard enough.
    http://about.me/bigterry

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I don't need sex. My life fvcks me daily.

mtbr member
    I feel on a rock last summer and got a wound similar to your uncle's.

Never been shot, though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gunshot or Mnt Biking Injuries Worse? Caution Graphic Images-knee.jpg  

mtbr member
    WOW! You are extremely lucky Warboom.. Glad your ok.
    Live a little

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by big terry View Post
    a ricochet at the range is at least understandable. shooting the guy in the stall next to you? unforgivable. you should be granted immediate rights to punch him in the dick, several times, until you are bored. that sh!t is just stupid and careless and deserving of a swollen sack.

you uncle fell on a rock? man, i hope it was after he went otb to score that scar. at least, does he have a good story for it?
    Ya, if It was just a graze I woulda knocked him out, but I was a more worried about bleeding on my shoes lol
    And my uncle missed the trail on a big steep downhill, went into the deep oak leaves and found a rock as he fell sideways

mtbr member
    This is exactly the reason why I don't go to public ranges anymore... too many wannabe yahoo's on rental guns who have no idea how to handle a firearm.

Holy junk, I'm glad you are okay.