DB4L
    May 2008

Grade III Concussion

Took a serious fall on the trail yesterday. Luckily my girlfriend was just behind me to find me punch drunk and clinging to a tree for balance. Injuries include lacerations, hematoma, and fractures to my zygomatic arch (cheek bone) and eye socket. The trail i was riding is the Freedom Park Trail in wiliamsburg. I can't wait to get back on the bike and kill this trail. I'm down but not out.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Wow, best of luck to you in a full recovery. You young guys scare me to death,
    with a non-concern of injury that borders on recklessness. Please try to be careful
    out there, and remember that all these small injuries you're sustaining won't just go
    away, they will accumulate at a low level even after healed and be a real PITA
    when you're 50. I speak from first hand knowledge. If you end up like Evel Knievel,
    you will have a later life full of pain, and it's worse than you think it would be.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I can second that. I'm only 30 and sometimes I feel like I'm 70. After numerous shoulder sparations, elbow dislocation and torn ACL. None of which feel the same. Expecailly the elbow which dislocates every now and then when I turn it the wrong way. And compared to most of you guys, my injuries are minor. Its all fun and games until 20 years later and you can't walk when it rains.

mtbr member
    that's brutal, what was the trail like when you went down, sounds like you were hauling ass
    live life like a bullet
    FAST HARD AND GO OUT WITH A BANG