Thread: gambling

stuntman

gambling

A recent crash has made me question my reasoning in riding as agressively as I do
    as a bike mechanic in #@$%& I need my hands to work- not to mention my brain and legs etc. on a ride w/ crazy dean the other day and he shows me this table top we figure to be about 30ft or so. too tired to do anything about it right now, I'll come back later...
    the perfect natural tabletop haunts my dreams that evening I cant stop thinking about it
    it rains that night priming the soil for my arrival. I wake up, go to work- no repairs.
    camelback full w/red bull in hand I head out to find the spot where dean and I had been..
    understand tho- the area where this jump is can be very hard to navigate and the jump itself is obscure but I find it easily...15 minutes of shaping and lining up and I realize it's off by about 6inches or so- but 6'" off for 20ft or so.the run-in angle ... realign and 30 minutes later we're jumping-well I am and seeing as how I'm totally alone I dont want to send it just yet heres what your looking at: 40-50ft runin on a 35deg. slope w/atree and some bushes on either side- the run-in curvesslightly to the rightand lines up straight at the bottom. the lip is about 8ft tall from the bottom of theflat on the run-in-the angle of the lip is gradual-about 18 ft long... so I start hittin' it, going low and trying to stay close to the ground,"just packing in the run -in ..."...I hit tranny on the 6th or 7th try and it's butter..
    shaums march and some crew show up and bust it afew times but I,m tierd already-not feelin it anymore..
    I,ll come back tomorrow.. next day the kids have heard and want to hit it .I take a couple out and its late afternoon and after a few good lofts I cant see the lip anymore-jumping straight into the sun-went nose first and OTB elbow cracks 3 ribs - I thought I had broken my fullface helmet- thats how hard I hit ...
    so am I stupid Or just having fun?
    what price adrenaline?
    I cant afford health insurance...
    advice from the brotherhood is needed my two wheeled comrades...
    [SIZE=3]GOD HATES A COWARD[/SIZE]

Have Cake and beat it 2
    dude.
    it's all fun. sweeet fun.
    I just got health insurance for that 'just in case' scenario, nothing worse than breaking something then being sent broke by the ambulance charges.

mmmm, caffeine!
    [SIZE="3"]You are rather, ummm, stupid I suppose, but , fun isn't it ??[/SIZE]

( poor soul )