Thread: Gallbladder

I like Monkeys

Gallbladder

I had a gallbladder attack about a week ago. I ended up in the ER and got some really nice painkillers. I'm going in for Laproscopic Surgery on the 5th of March to remove my Gallbladder. I'm hoping to be able to get back on the bike in a few weeks. Has anyone had the surgery? What was your recovery time? Time to go back to work? Back on the Bike? I've got a lot of plans for the spring I'd like to keep.
    What do I want to be when I grow up.....Dead!

mmm bacon
    Sorry no experience in this my dad did but sailing was his activity of choice, just gonna wish you healing vibes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

hope this helps

I have not had my gallbladder out but I have had a few surgeries in the abdomen area (in fact i am recovering from one now). With your type of surgery there should only be a small incesion and you should only be down for one to two weeks. I would start on a trainer when you feel up to it and remember to take it slow because overdoing it will do more harm than good. Good luck and I hope you get back to pedaling soon.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

had it done a year ago

Rushed back to work too soon (four days) and suffered for it. Take a week off of work and bike. You should be ok then. Jim,

mtbr member
    I am in the same boat rite know
    Had my surgery April 10th just a few days ago & feel good enough to ride around the hood but the wife has that look on her face
    I have 1-2 weeks off & need to find away to enjoy my time off

I like Monkeys
    I was back on my bike in 10 days with no ill effects. I had my surgery on Friday, worked part of the day monday and back full time on Tuesday. My doctor said that basically folks take as long to heal as they have time off. So for you I'd say 1-2 weeks to heal

Good luck, It was well worth it.
    What do I want to be when I grow up.....Dead!