mtbr member
    Oct 2005

gah broke my wrist...

meh riding today with some buddies and went into a dip too fast and caught some un expected air. that wasnt too bad except there was a tree there and wham! i hit and go over the bars and land to break my wrist in two places >.<. talk about lame! so me being in school and being the top trombone player in the band, have a solo with band on sat so now i have no idea what i'm gonna do. anyone think i'll beable to move my fingers by friday/sat?
    Salsa Dos Niner SS

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Sounds like you're focked.

You need to be talking to your music instructor not us.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    yup talked to him today...he's like we'll play it by day. but i went in for surgery today and my arm is in a case...o well
    Salsa Dos Niner SS

Double-metric mtb man
    well...here's hoping for a speedy recovery. Coulda been worse and at least you were riding. My mother was washing the lino in her kitchen a couple weeks ago and slipped. She had surgery today to install pins and bolts into her wrist.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    yup thanks mike. talked to my ortho doctor yesterday and he said i will only have the case for 4 weeks instead at 6 . hoping the cast i get only covers the forearm though, the splint i have goes to right above my elbow so i cant play >.< lol o well. i get my cast next friday
    Salsa Dos Niner SS

mtbr member
    I broke my wrist in July 2006. I was out of my cast in four weeks, but the pain is a constant reminder. I rode on the street after 6 weeks and hit the trails again after 2.5 months. The pain, from what I have been told by other broken wrist bikers, will haunt you for around nine months. Happy Halloween music man!
    "The only easy day was yesterday!"

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    humm. i have no pain yet...even after the surgery...maybe i'm special? good news is cast is only gonna be for 3 weeks
    Salsa Dos Niner SS

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Displaced fracture L distal radius (broke wrist)

Broke my L wrist on Nov. 20, had surgery the next day to install a "T" shaped plate and 7 screws into the end of my radius. I was in a cast for ONE WEEK, cast came off and I went directly to therapy for x3 weekly sessions. I don't know if this seemingly aggressive approach would work for everyone, but 5 weeks later I'm back at work with no restrictions. However, the doc doesn't want me on a bike for a few more weeks. My fracture invaded the "joint space" between my radius and the metacarples of my hand. I'm guessing this is why such an aggressive rehab was prescribed. I broke my right wrist in a similiar, but more severe, fashion. That rehab took 6 weeks in a cast before PT started. I wonder how much the insurance companies have to do with the more aggressive rehab approach?
    I feel a little Bucky comin' on!