Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Friends hit car now can't walk

819 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Mr.Bob 
#1 ·
Well i was riding with my friends down the rode he had someone on the handlebars no big deal we always do that. As we were crossing the enterance to the police station an old lady comes flying off the street right in front of them into the police station. There was no way my friend could stop in time so he hit the car so hard the person on the handlebars knee's made dents in the car alone. His fork snapped off his bike. The person who hit his knees flew over the car and couldnt move after. he still cant walk a couple hours later becuase of pain. When it happened it was clearly the ladies fault with witnesses but she is trying to blame it on them.

#2 ·
A bike unless it is a tandem bike is made for ONE person. It is dangerous to ride with someone on your handlebars. Not saying that your friend deserved to be hit.....but if that kid hadn't been on the bars he might have been able to stop or swerve more and avoid smacking into the car. You and your friends need to learn how to ride responsibly. Oh and you should have taken the kid to the hospital......obviously.

I saw three children on a BMX bike the other day....One pedaling it, one on the handlebars, and one on the rear pegs.....To top it off....I KID YOU NOT....They each had a cellphone up to their ears and were chatting away! It was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. I wanted to say something....but I figured that it wasn't my place to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.