mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Friend broke his collar bone

Looked like a routine roll but it looks as though he fell directly on his shoulder.

As I was getting him taken care of cause he was in semi shock I felt it to make sure that's what it was and the right collar bone was broken in two.

It didn't come out of his skin and he didn't need a plate/screw.

What's he truly looking at time wise to get back on a bike start riding 15+ miles, small jumps etc?
    Trek 4300 2006
    M580 LX cranks
    11-34T Cassette
    Kool-stop pads
    El Notre 7075 Seatpost
    Laser V saddle

Double-metric mtb man
    Depends on how fast he heals and any physio involved. Realistically, I'd say 8 weeks.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

another bozo on the bus
    8 weeks was what mine took. If its not ready, he will know as soon as he pulls on those bars.

06Trance2
    My buddy broke his as well (non-skin puncture). He was two weeks into healing when the follow-up showed that it wasn't healing properly. They had to "detach" the healed bone and screw/plate it. They estimated 6 weeks had it healed properly. Now it was 2 weeks healing + another 6 weeks + rehab if needed. Shitty thing is that this happened like the last week of the semester... whoops. He's gonna be out for most of the summer.