mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Friend broke his collar bone

Looked like a routine roll but it looks as though he fell directly on his shoulder.

As I was getting him taken care of cause he was in semi shock I felt it to make sure that's what it was and the right collar bone was broken in two.

It didn't come out of his skin and he didn't need a plate/screw.

What's he truly looking at time wise to get back on a bike start riding 15+ miles, small jumps etc?
    Trek 4300 2006
    M580 LX cranks
    11-34T Cassette
    Kool-stop pads
    El Notre 7075 Seatpost
    Laser V saddle

Double-metric mtb man
    Depends on how fast he heals and any physio involved. Realistically, I'd say 8 weeks.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

another bozo on the bus
    8 weeks was what mine took. If its not ready, he will know as soon as he pulls on those bars.

06Trance2
    My buddy broke his as well (non-skin puncture). He was two weeks into healing when the follow-up showed that it wasn't healing properly. They had to "detach" the healed bone and screw/plate it. They estimated 6 weeks had it healed properly. Now it was 2 weeks healing + another 6 weeks + rehab if needed. Shitty thing is that this happened like the last week of the semester... whoops. He's gonna be out for most of the summer.

Members who have read this thread: 0