Thread: First OTB

mtbr member

First OTB

I was comming back from a ride,going home cruising at a comfortable speed.I have to go down a hill 3 miles before reaching home. I went down on the bike lane,holding in my line.I saw a guy comming up so I slowed down a bit for a few seconds. I am always carefull when going down a hill mostly if someone is comming on the opposite side. Been watching the guy comming,saw that he was holding his line so i released the brakes a bit and went for it.

At about 3 meters from me,the guy completly pulled on my line and cut straight in front of me. I had nowhere to go so I pulled the brakes very hard and went OTB. Nice loop,the back tire left print on the back of my short pants. I managed to avoid the guy,his bicycle and bang,on the pavement.It was a hard fall.

I got up,I guess I was too mad to even feel the pain. I asked him few questions.

What the hell did you taught? Why did you cut my line straight in front of me??

He said Im sorry it was not in purpose.

Me Why did you cut me ??

Him:I was tired cannot go up anymore ( He never asked me if i was ok yet)

Why didn t you stop in your line instead of cutting me? You saw me comming...

Him : My bike is too big for me,I need the sidewalk to put my feet on when I stop.

Whaaaaattttt ??

I was so mad,I wanted to knock him down.

I told him that he will pay to fix my bike and hopefully I can work the next day. He gave me his phone number .I called,wrong number. I should had took his ID and adress but I was so mad that I simply told him,Get off my face before I hurt you.

Nothing broken but unable to work.I guess I will be off work for a week or 2. Cost me a set of shifters as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails First OTB-018.jpg  

First OTB-019.jpg  

mtbr member
    That really sucks.

Whenever I get a number I call right away with the person next to me to make sure I have the right number. Especially if the girl is cute

mtbr member
    Yeah.Unfortunatly,it was a guy

Now I know that even with all the safety measure that you can take and try to read whats in front of you,an accident happen fast and sometimes can be unpredictable.The only way to prevent that crash would had been to walk beside the bike

For the bike,the bike shop where i do business with will change only the plastic cap for the shifters,they have the parts in stock.

For the job,well i ll take it as a vacation.I need it anyways
    Life is short-Live it full throttle !!

mtbr member
    Seeing your elbow reminded me of my weekend accident. Fell on a bunch big rocks and banged my elbow hard. Luckily I was wearing elbow guards which left a nice mark on them. Had I not been wearing them I guarantee my elbow would have been smashed to pieces.

Accidents happen. That's why they're called "accident"!

mtbr member
    just want to say sorry, bummer. I know I would be at least as angry as you were-- if not more.

Members who have read this thread: 1