mtbr member
    Dec 2012

First bike injury..

Well it was bound to happen. Im still working on my dropoffs and i bit off more than i could chew. I was approaching the dropoff and was heading more to the left than i needed to be. I hesitated, corrected and still went for it. I did half of a flip and landed on my head and shoulder.

I sat around for a few minutes and began to walk my bike. It almost felt like it was starting to hurt less, so I hopped on my bike and began to ride down the rest of the trail. Got back to the car and saw the bone pressing against my skin. Guess I'll be out for a while. I'll be missing the first few nice weeks of nice weather

First bike injury..-collar-bone.jpg

Probably in pain.
    Mar 2013
    Get better soon!
    I can do this.....Wait.....Dammit..... "Dude, Why is your arm pointed sideways?"

No Clue Crew
    Jump at the chance to screw that thing back together. It'll save months of down time letting it heal naturally. I broke mine almost two years ago and that arm still gets sore when it just hangs there for a long period of time.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Thanks mtbgaijin.

mike, They didn't really say it was an option/or necessary when I was at the hospital. The doctor said it wouldn't require surgery to make a full recovery. I sure hope he's right!

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by S2kTim View Post
    mike, They didn't really say it was an option/or necessary when I was at the hospital. The doctor said it wouldn't require surgery to make a full recovery. I sure hope he's right!
    Oh, you'll get a "full" recovery. But having your arm in a sling or figure 8 harness for a month or more with that arm doing absolutely nothing causes those muscles to really lose strength. But, the big benefit of surgery is you don't have to put your life on hold for a couple months. You'll be fine, shortly...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    It won't be the last. Trust me.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett