The Martian
    Jan 2007

Finally Chrisened the Roadie

So I've had my new roadie for about a month now, and I finally wiped out on it (that seems to be about my time for crashing new bikes). I got cut off and a really nasty intersection (I'm not sure I really blame the car...we both needed the same piece of road at the same time and he was bigger (bike lane crosses a travel lane at a light)). So I grabbed two handfulls of brake and apparently grabbed too much front and not enough rear, or unluckally hit something at the same time... Ended up blowing the front tire and so of course down I go. I must have hit something at some point because I have destroyed the front tire, not just popped the tube? I of course caught the chainring with my heel with the following results.... (yes, I'm a dumbass and was riding in sandels...I was on my way to the climbing gym and sandels are just so much easier once you get there. I don't think I'll be doing that again).

Other than that I'm surprisingly unscathed (no road rash and only two bruises). Not sure how on God's green earth I'm going to hobble/drag the bike to the bike shop to get it fixed though
    Last edited by CougarTrek; 09-19-2007 at 08:10 AM.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    bummer... I think you were "lucky" though... could have been a lot worst...

hope you heal fast and the bike repairs are not too expensive

The Martian
    Jan 2007
    Yup, VERY lucky! NO road rash, and I managed to fold myself so I stayed in the bike lane instead of falling into oncoming traffic! Much better off than everyone else around here posting about their broken bones! OUCH!