mtbr member
    May 2007

Ever had one of those nights?

Like those nights were you go riding and your just not having a time of it, falling alot, rashing hard? Wel thats not what im talking about .. completly, im talking those nights you fall insanely, dozens of times, or just a few, but regardless bad falls that should have left you at least carved up pretty bad.

I just had one of those, i ws doing some Urban and i hit a stairset around a turn, and i guess just with the new tires i got i didnt realise how much i leaned into the turn and i ended up really weird in the air and had to bail, over a 9 set to flat to 9 set, i fell over the first one, slammed into the pavement with my whole side, bike fell around me dangling around twisting in my left leg, but i walked out without a ginel scratch or sore spot, then practising spins on a bank i had a bad runout and i still went for it, cuaght my back wheel and sent me down the bank chest first, and again nothing ..... on the way home i hit some small trail ( in the dark { i know im an idiot]) on a downhill section of it i nail my front tire over a stump on the side of the landing on a drop, over the handlebars and down into some bush, missed onn the big trees and again, nothing...

i was like by the end of the ride becuase i couldnt understand why im not feeling anything or not taking any hurting or injuries .. weird .. anyone else get this before?

Double-metric mtb man
    I've had it a couple times....take a few wierd bounces and eat dirt only to get up without a scratch.

Of course, I've also had the opposite come true. Riding along some really easy singletrack and have a branch or something draw blood or leave a big bruise without any real noteworthy hit.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me