Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Elbow Pain

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  bikerbert 
#1 ·
I think I've got tendonitis from either pulling to hard in the climbs or yanking the front wheel off to clear a log. Anyone else damage themselves this way? I haven't crashed recently and just got a FS bike (previously rode a rigid).

Hoped the FS would help but today's ride seemed to make it worse. Thanks for any feedback.TC

#2 ·
Get an elbow strap. They are wonderful for short term relief. Make sure your controls adjustments don't cause you to ride with your wrists bent.

Seems like you'd have to be riding a LOT to get an injury like that. Maybe you could cut back on the 'singing in the shower' to compensate...:yesnod: :lol:

#3 ·
I had tendonitis in my elbow last summer-- not really bad, but just nagging. Around last November my Dr. had me start taking Aleve (2 in the morning and 2 in the evening) for arthritis in my foot. Within two weeks the elbow pain was gone, but the artritis pain lingers. Funny thing though, the more I ride the less it hurts. I now have quite a list of medical reasons for why I must ride today. Makes it hard for the wife to argue.

#4 ·
Elbows

AA717driver said:
I think I've got tendonitis from either pulling to hard in the climbs or yanking the front wheel off to clear a log. Anyone else damage themselves this way? I haven't crashed recently and just got a FS bike (previously rode a rigid).

Hoped the FS would help but today's ride seemed to make it worse. Thanks for any feedback.TC
We need much more information, where does it hurt, when, with what....
Give as much information as you can.

You may want to also look at activities ouside of Mt biking, work, computer, gym...
It may just be that the change in bikes/riding was a bit of enough stress to initiate the pain, (the straw that broke the camel's back)

#5 ·
Thanks, guys! I'll check the angle of the controls--I installed the bar myself so I may have it wrong.

I do spend a lot of time in the shower and I am left handed. Hummm...:p

I probably don't warm up enough before hitting the trails--unload, jump on and drop in.

I'll try the alieve, too. Take care everyone! TC

#6 ·
How is your flexibility in your shoulders/chest/lats? Any imbalances here will alter joint angles from the shoulder to the wrist and give you the pain that you are describing.

On the side that hurts, what is the range of motion for that side's shoulder and hip?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.