Thread: elbow fracture

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

elbow fracture

new bike due in 3 wks-broke radial head (elbow joiny ) last night. anyone with experiences,tips?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeltDog
    new bike due in 3 wks-broke radial head (elbow joiny ) last night. anyone with experiences,tips?
    I had the exact same injury a couple of years ago. You need to start using your arm as much as you can right away. Assuming your are not casted, you shouldn't be with a non-displaced break, I would recommend some aggressive PT to get your extension and compression back as soon as possible. I was religious about following my PT regimen and I was able to ride again just 5 weeks after the injury. Full compression will be the most difficult thing to regain, but stick with it and it will come. Also once you have healed a little, find a good sports massage therapist and have them start breaking up that scar tissue.

I can't even tell my arm was broken at this point, and I'm convinced it is because of the combo of PT/massage I stuck with. Even after you are back on the bike continue to get massage. It will make a big difference.

I'm just two weeks out from an ankle dislocation and tib/fib break. My doctor already has me in a removable air cast with instructions to move my ankle up and down every day. I'm going to follow the same regimen I did last time, although this recovery will take considerably longer.

good luck -