Thread: Down N Out

mtbr member
    May 2007

New question here. Down N Out

WHAT HAPPENED??? Yesterday I went out to dial in my suspension. As I have Just put a new rear shock and pivot bushings, and overhauled the forks. So I drove to a spot on one of my usual loops that is very rough with tree roots, and has a couple of good climbs in a pretty short distance, as I wanted to ride the same terrain and play with some air settings.
    The spot where I parked the car is at the top of a fire road and has a nice dirt jump that the local gravity crew have built. I must admit its not all that big maybe three foot high but I am strictly a cross country rider.. The bigest thing I normally launch would be little rollovers or tree roots. Im a tire contact kinda rider.
    Anyway this perticular jump is so sweet that I have been hitting it abit lately and yesterday when I got out of the car I hit it kind of mildly and it felt good, then I went off riding my test loop. I probably rode about 3km with a couple stops made a few adjustments then I decided that the bike was feeling awesome. So I headed back past the car to go for a blast. As i got to the area where the car was parked, I thought I better hit the jump again so I lined it up with some good pace this time @*#***@
    Next thing I know my wife is quizzing me as to how I got so beat up Im sitting in my kitchen Ive had a shower and I have no ansewers. So she takes me to my doctor to check me out. He said to take it easy that I have a concussion....wow as time has passed I have remembered lining that jump up, so I took a drive back there and sure enough there was signs of my blood there and my glasses were there... As for how long I was down or what actually happened I have no idea.. I dont remember loading my bike in the car, or driving the ten minutes home, or unloading the car, or taking a shower, just a total blank. My right side of my helmet is beaten and my face is abit scratched up and I rubbed all the skin off my left knee and my head feels like Ive been on the BEER for about two days. I wish there was a witness to fill in the blanks.. Wonder how many cars I ran off the road on the way home???? Cheers Just thought Id share MY day with you all..T

mtbr member
    May 2006
    All symptoms of a concussion pretty bad one. good luck.