mtbr member

does healing process gets slower as u get old?

im 19 and just wondering how fast people recover from thier injury.....
    im noob at this sport so i didn get hurt yet... but i have bad ankle from doing parkour.....

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Generally, as you get older it does take longer to heal. But you're only 19 so don't worry about it.

Chunky Monkey

Worry About it

Quote Originally Posted by BoomSlang
    Generally, as you get older it does take longer to heal. But you're only 19 so don't worry about it.

At nineteen he is wise to worry about it. After four broken ankles I did not worry about it. After a reconstructed knee I didn't worry about it. After a knee replacement I didn't worry about it. Two broken ribs, rotator cuff and now 2007 a hip replacement at 55 I am worrying about it. Just ride smarter, work out, stretch and listen to your body 'cause it knows. Oh and it takes a LOT longer to recover the older you get,

Unlucky, uncoordinated, but still riding

mtbr member
    I rode hard when I was a teenager in highschool. I got away from MTBing while I was in college. I started riding again about a year and a half ago... I was 29 at the time, I'm 30 now. It takes a LOT longer for me to heal than it used to... be it from an injury or just recovering after a hard ride.

It used to be common for me to push myself and abuse my body daily... I can't go like that anymore without taking a day off in between hard rides.