1pt21Gigawatts

dislocated/sprained fingers

So i took a nice fall in the Apex trail (colorado) 2 weeks ago.
    Head & shoulder broke the fall, but when i popped up, my left pinky was pointing the wrong way.
    So i popped that back into place

So now my pinky & ring finger are still somewhat swollen at the joints and i have a tough time gripping completely. Went in for x-rays just incase, and fortunately the bones are all good....doc said it could take about 8 weeks.

The weather finally will be good out here and i am itching to get back on the bike...anyone familiar with this type of injury...should i wait it out longer than 3 weeks?
    currently...

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    i rode with 2 broken fingers, i usually had to loosen my grip once ina while...im used to it though bc ive broken all of my fingers except my thumbs in wrestling.
    if you could, avoid riding bc it sucks ballz when then get hit or bent quickly, and it feels like the pain starts allll over again.
    btw, this happened last back in december, and the jionts still havent gone down in size, prolly never will. calcium built up, and i believe that the only way to fix it is to have it rebroken and then re-set...**** that!
    I went to the doctor and told him "hey doc, it hurts when I go like this" and the doc said "Does the rear feel too soft?"

1pt21Gigawatts
    that does not sound good! i'll see what happens this weekend!!
    currently...

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    its feels fine now, but im sure my doctors gonna love me for all the arthritis medicine im gonna need..
    I went to the doctor and told him "hey doc, it hurts when I go like this" and the doc said "Does the rear feel too soft?"