ride hard or die
    Mar 2004

cut down to the skull

So here is a new injury to read about:

I was doing my sprint workout, when all of a sudden I misjudged a corner and just bit it. Not on that, I banged my head on a boulder. The cut was so bad you could see my skull! I got 20 stiches in all, and also on top of that broke my finger. I guess now I just have to spin on the trainer.

GOAT

Master of None
    Well now I guess you can say you've seen your own skull.

Lately I've been rockin a full face helmet. It took a few rides before my neck muscles beefed up and stopped being sore, and sure, it's dang hot. But I got used to it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by goat
    So here is a new injury to read about:

I was doing my sprint workout, when all of a sudden I misjudged a corner and just bit it. Not on that, I banged my head on a boulder. The cut was so bad you could see my skull! I got 20 stiches in all, and also on top of that broke my finger. I guess now I just have to spin on the trainer.

GOAT
    Ouch! Good luck with the recovery. Did your helmet come off, or did it break?
    To the troll mobile, away...

ride hard or die
    Mar 2004
    actually nothing happned to my helmet. I hit right in between my glasses and my helmet. My glasses did snap in half. As far as riding with a full face helmet, I am not sure about that. It gets 100+ here in the summer. But I guess I could get used to that also.

GOAT

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by goat
    actually nothing happned to my helmet. I hit right in between my glasses and my helmet. My glasses did snap in half. As far as riding with a full face helmet, I am not sure about that. It gets 100+ here in the summer. But I guess I could get used to that also.

GOAT
    I'm a bit inland in Northern California, so it gets to those kind of temps here, too come summer. I've never used a full face helmet, but have just ordered one to see if I can possibly stand it. I came across a great deal if you've got a fat (I mean large) head. I posted a thread on it. The Vigor Contender for under 10 bucks. Keep in mind that the Vigor seems to have the smallest vents of all the full face helmets, but I figured for $10 (close to $20 with shipping) I'd give it a try, and if I like everything but the cooling I might fork out for a Specialized which seems to have the largest vents. Of course when it gets really hot I usually stick to the road bike- goes faster so more wind chill.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...09531#poststop
    To the troll mobile, away...

Master of None
    Yesterday it was over 90 and I wore the full face. It was really not that bad.

ride hard or die
    Mar 2004
    I will check that out. I also wear xc racing attire, so it may look weird.

GOAT