Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Crohn's Disease

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalindaddy View Post
    These oils had been cold filtered and that seemed to help a lot with the belching - the fresher the oil is too will help with that, and these were, you took them like shots not in capsules so they had to have a clean none belch inducing taste!
    The raw material wasn't made by our company so there's a chance something similar is still available
    That's interesting. I will look into it to see what's available. Generally I try to have some food with my supplements but the fish-taste still shine's through. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Bumping this up.

Diagnosed with CD about 3 or 4 months ago. Its mostly in my ileum. Currently taking Asacol HD and Nexium daily. Been dairy free for a couple years since I became allergic to all dairy (like throat swelling, etc) which now seems to have gone away (the verdict is still out as to wether or not its related to my CD). Was tested for gluten sensitivity and there seems to be no issue for me there.

Been riding alot this year and have been in one race so far. I feel like I am just dragging ass all the time. I feel good for spurts here and there, but my fitness and energy level is **** despite trying to train hard. Today I bailed on a second lap at Bear Creek trying to prep for next weeks race. My gut was on fire right in the usual place (ileum) and I was bloated up like a ****ing balloon!

**** sucks. I guess I am just posting to see if anyone has any tips or anything I haven't read yet. I feel stupid for trying to push myself too much or something. My brother in law who is a few years older is kicking my ass and my competitive side says, "Dude he is older than you....you should be kicking HIS ass."

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I have milder UC and from my experience :-

Avoid Stress
    Listen to your body and if it needs rest then rest
    No alcohol as this really affects it.
    Eat healthy non processed simple foods, especially avoiding all very salty and fast foods.

Doing this means I have been able to live pretty much normally which when first diagnosed several years ago seemed unlikely. Always discuss your condition with medical professionals though and be very careful taking advice from forums.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Thanks Kajjal. "Avoid stress," so like quit my job? :winky: Thats definitely a big factor for me. I haven't drunken any alcohol or eaten fast food in several years so thats all good. I think I need to cut the caffeine 100% now though. I am a total coffee addict for sure.

Whats weird is that saturday I did a 45 mile road ride. 25 miles into town with pain most of the way > sitdown dinner at a restaurant of grilled fish and sweet potato fries > 20 miles home with zero pain. I expected some cramping on the way home because I only waited like 20 minutes after eating before riding, but the full stomach actually seemed to help. So weird.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2