mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Cranial/Sacral vs Massage or Chiropractic

Has anyone had any luck staying in physical alignment with cranial sacral work as opposed to regular massage or chiropractic. I tried it for the first time a week ago and I am not sure what to think?

Forgiven
    Quote Originally Posted by rocdog
    Has anyone had any luck staying in physical alignment with cranial sacral work as opposed to regular massage or chiropractic. I tried it for the first time a week ago and I am not sure what to think?

What's Cranial/Sacral work?? I know what the two areas are/do. I just have never heard of what you are talking about. Could you elaborate?? Thanks..

mtbr member

CranioSacral

I don't put much belief behind CranioSacral therapies. I have had introductions to it and have had people attempt to show me and feel/find meridians, but I am skeptical.

What is your alignment issue?
    If you were to tell us a bit more we could possibly give you a better answer.
    BoiseBoy

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Hey guys. To answer road dirts question, crainial/sacral work involves (from what I understand) using trigger points on the body to loosen up soft tissue and alighn the joints. I experienced no pain during the session but boy was I sore and dizzy after...for two days. My sacrum and neck did go back into place however. My deal is that I have a short right leg (11mm) and frequently my SI's go out from riding and upper back and neck. I read Andy Pruitts book and had a bike fit done at UC Davis. Hopfully by moving my cleats forward on my right shoe I will alleviate some of my issues.