Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Concussion recovery

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Silentfoe 
#1 ·
I was wondering if people can share their experience of recovering after having a concussion. I've heard different things from various doctors and concussion information I've found online.

4 days ago I crashed and hit my head on the trail. The bike slipped under me while going over some wet roots and the first thing to hit the ground was my leg and side of my head. I was going uphill about 5-6mph at the time. I didn't loose consciousness but was dazed and sat on the ground about 4 minutes. I was then able to ride to my car and drive home. I felt ok other than a headache and some dizziness but eventually went and got checked out by a doctor. No need for a ct scan. Just a concussion.

I was told to rest the next 48hrs, and no activity where there could be risk of another injury until symptoms go away. I was told I could go back to work, which I did, but can't work 100% without some mild headache and dizziness. I've been able to do some stretching to stay loose but felt too dizzy to ride the trainer inside.

I know it depends but how long did it take for headaches and dizziness to go away? I've heard some say no activity but others say activity is good. Some parts of the day I feel fine and then the headache and dizziness come back.

I have a race in 2wks that I've been training all year for. I'll be bummed if I can't do it but I don't want to mess up my brain any more than already.

Anything other than time help with recovery, pt, chiropractics, cranio sacral therapy, meditation etc?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.