Laker and a Trail Blazer

Closed fracture of acromial process of scapula

I ran into a tree going very slow and broke the little bone at the end of my shoulder blade. Got X-rays. Slight fracture. It's been 15 days and I'm thinking of a small ride. Anyone had this injury?

mtbr member
    If you happen to fall on it, you might complete the fracture - scapulas are a **** to fracture. Don't take ibuprofen or NSAIDs , they slow fracture healing. Get on a trainer and do hard cardiovascular exercise - this will accelerate healing.

Pain tells you if you are stressing the fracture, but a crash is where the real risk lies till 4 weeks or so ( assuming you are not in your 50's, in which case double fracture healing time)

Of course, radically, you could follow the advice of your treating doctor ?????

Laker and a Trail Blazer

Closed fracture of acromial process of scapula

Quote Originally Posted by pharmaboy View Post
    If you happen to fall on it, you might complete the fracture - scapulas are a **** to fracture. Don't take ibuprofen or NSAIDs , they slow fracture healing. Get on a trainer and do hard cardiovascular exercise - this will accelerate healing.

Pain tells you if you are stressing the fracture, but a crash is where the real risk lies till 4 weeks or so ( assuming you are not in your 50's, in which case double fracture healing time)

Of course, radically, you could follow the advice of your treating doctor ?????
    Thank you. I'm 42 and took some ibuprofen first couple days but no more. Ill do some better cardio. Only been doing some hiking. Thanks again.