mtbr member

Broken Tib & Fib / Ankle Dislocation

Two weeks ago I landed weird after a walking speed fall from about two and a half feet and broke both tib and fib and dislocated my ankle. Doctors put a plate with seven screws on the back of the fib. I'm in an air cast now that I'm instructed to take off daily and move my ankle up and down. I can move it more and more everyday, and it's feeling stronger everyday.

Anyone with similar injury got any advice or info for me? If so how long was your recovery time till walking, and how long till you were back on the bike?

thanks much -

2WD
    Rides like a girl
    I broke my distal tib and fib and proximal fib back in April - 2m nwb, then partialwb for 2m (where I started to ride the trainer), then got the ok for full weight bearing and starting physio - rode a race in August (one loop of the 24 hour in Albion). Still cant run but that's where I'm at right now. Good luck and keep positive! That's awesome that you are feeling stronger each day and your range of motion is increasing daily, which will be such a bonus when you start physio (I bypassed all of the rom exercises in physio because I got that all back prior to starting) Everyone heals differently and I hope you heal quick.