Where's the chair lift?

Bonking ... not feelin' well Broken leg while @ Whistler Bike Park!! :(

Well while it was a glorious 8 days of riding a damp Whistler bike park last week I ended up breaking my rt tibia rt below the knee in 2 places along with some nice knee cap damage. Was not to glorious leaving the mountain via ATV and backboard with a leg splint to a waiting ambulance on an access road. I do thank the 3 riders from Miami who there on their 1st day of riding who stopped to check my injuries and one being a trauma nurse. So if you guys see this thread when you get back to Miami PM me guys! I appreciate your time and efforts helping get off the mountain. Also the other fellow Canadian rider who stopped and called the patrol on his cell phone. Thanks for your time as well! Kira the MTB Patrol was great as well! Thanks for getting my bike and pack to the ER and secured. It was a hell of trip back to home!! Sucked being in an airport in pain and also having to give myself shots in the stomach every 12 hrs to prevent blood clotting from the break and flying. The Whistler ER staff were great and so were the EMTs. Only that wasnt great were the medical bills! Lucky i purchased travel insurance to cover my medical bills while in Canada!! Best $19 bucks i every spent! $150.000 in coverage and $500,000 for medical evacuation to get me home if needed. Anyway, I am waiting for my MRI to see how much damage was done to the knee itself. Sucks!!! I will say that my SOCOM ROCKED OUT!! What a fast bike!! Alright the pain meds are kicking in so i better get going. Have a great rest of the season! I hope i am up and going by Interbike!! Best of luck to tall the other busted up riders! Speedy recovery guys and girls!

Guess its not too bad going to the Whistler ER 2 out of 7 years I have been going.

IntenseRdr

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    get well fast!

good call on the travel insurance too!

mtbr member
    Good luck in your healing .
    :wq

gmoney was gmoneybike
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseRdr

IntenseRdr

Sorry to hear the news I wish you the best in your recovery . I want to commend you on your wise insurance move. Heal up and we'll keep some good thoughts for you.
    Were looking at balz

Where's the chair lift?

Hope Thanks much!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ghashmi
    Sorry to hear the news I wish you the best in your recovery . I want to commend you on your wise insurance move. Heal up and we'll keep some good thoughts for you.
    Thank very much to all of you! Appreciate the good thoughts!! Had MRI and will find out if surgery will have to be done. had 2 Redbull size syringes of blood taken from the knee. Uggg. Not good. But I am hoping its not too bad of news! Thanks again!!! Have a great remainder of your riding season!!

IntenseRdr