mtbr member
    Sep 2005

broken jaw, stiches, blood and titainium

im bored and saw this little section and though id contribute. Well i broke my jaw riding some street around campus(180's, fuf's, 3 tiretaps, wallrides, etc) i was on my 24inch hardtail. So what happened, i was riding at a fairly high rate of speed down a street(to the point where the gearing was almost spun out) and the chain janked and skipped causing my right foot to slip forward off the pedal and my foot hit the pavement and i ran my foot over, which fishtailed my bike bad and pitched me over the front face first into the asphalt, and before i knew it i was done for. i didnt have a chance to even get my arms out at all. and i vaguely remember sliding on my face for a few feet. i didnt get knocked out though. but the resulting damage is/was as follows: roadrash(alot), broken pinkie bone(the one in your hand), Soft tissue damge in the knuckle of my index finger-same hand, 7 broken teeth, and the big one--my jaw boke in three places, 2 breaks up where your jaw pivots one on each side, and my chin was broken in half completely. also i got 15 stiches in my chin to close a gaping wound where you could actually see my jaw, many of the stiches were used to put the muscles back togather.

But, on the good side, this coming tuesday im goin back in to get unwired finally and then a few weeks after a new grill.

a fullface would have been the only thing that woulda saved me.
    oh yeah heres some pictures of me right before i had surgery where they wired me up and put in a 4 inch ti plate to hold my chin togather, i still have the stiches in my mouth.

http://csumb.facebook.com/photo.php?...d&id=508265396

http://csumb.facebook.com/photo.php?...9&id=508265396

mtbr member
    Lol!!! Nice socks. Great to hear you're doing better and are in good spirits. Hopefuly this hasn't dampened your spirits enough to keep you from riding. Good luck.
    This space for rent

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    ive been rolling around again, this hasent kept me from wanting to ride at all. and thanks, oh yeah the socks are awsome, theyre like shoes but socks