Thread: broken hand?

don't move for trees

broken hand?

how could i tell if i've broken my hand? i went off about a 5 foot drop, landed a liitle fast an slid into a tree. i ether hit my hand har on the tree or sort of pinched it between tree and bike. its not my whole hand just my far right side of my right hand. its swollen, but i can still move it and it doesn't hurt really
    "Get a bicycle.You will not regret it if you live." Mark Twain

mtbr member
    The best way to find out for certain is to get an X-ray.

Broke my hand in August (5th metacarpal - bone in the hand leading to the little finger) and I could feel that the bone segments were not aligned and the bone alignment changed when trying to move the little finger.

Oh, it hurt when I moved the finger, but no more than a really bad bruise.

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BKnight
    how could i tell if i've broken my hand? i went off about a 5 foot drop, landed a liitle fast an slid into a tree. i ether hit my hand har on the tree or sort of pinched it between tree and bike. its not my whole hand just my far right side of my right hand. its swollen, but i can still move it and it doesn't hurt really
    If you broke it, it's gonna hurt. I had many injuries in my crash but the broken hand (5th metarcpal) bothered me the most. Specially at night when it's healing itself. No way I would have survived without vicodin and motrin.

francois
    IPA will save America

don't move for trees
    ya, i think i'm all right, nothings outa place or feels broken, my mom, whos an ex nurse says its fine, so if my little finger falls off i'll go get some help
    "Get a bicycle.You will not regret it if you live." Mark Twain