mtbr member
    Nov 2007

New question here. broke every bone in arm

unfortunatley its not a "cool" story from mtb but football any ways. how ever the doc says i shouldnt ride dh or do and large drops or jumps and to 5ft was"LARGE". anyways im fully recovered but doc said to refriain from it for another 10 months. anyone else have this happen to them or similar?

mtbr member
    I don't know how long ago you broke your arm, but they say it takes something like 12 months for the bone to fully heal and get it's strength back. That's for a normal case though - age, severity of break, surgeon, etc, etc, could impact that recovery time. If your OS is saying not to do those jumps, I would listen. Depending on the impacts, you're probably at a higher risk of rebreaking the injured arm than the other, or than a similar person who did not suffer your injury.

I'm in a similar position now. My doctor says as far as he's concerned I have no restrictions in regards to activities. I can run (ankle strength permitting), walk, climb stairs, lift heavy objects, ride my road bike, etc. He said that I probably shouldn't go mountain biking for a few more months though because if I fall wrong or too hard, that could rebreak my leg. IMO, nothing is worth significantly increasing the risk of rebreaking my leg (especially since he's only saying to avoid mtb for a couple months) so I have no issue. It's been five months already, just two to go .
    :wq

Double-metric mtb man
    Here's hoping you both heal up soon
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me