viva la v-brakes!

big smack = "unstable" knee

I was racing yesterday until I slipped on a wet root and went down whacking my knee REALLY hard in the process. Usually I whack my knee and hop back on the bike and grin and bear it for a few minutes and it feels better. This time it hurt much worse and I could not pedal at all immediately. I hobbled along the trail for a while, rested, and then got back on the bike but it never felt right. I could pedal softly on the flats and downhills but it felt... "weird" when I tried to push it, so I gingerly walked up all the climbs.

I had to drop out of the race for fear of aggravating it, and talking to people after the race someone suggested that it feels "unstable", and that's exactly how it feels! Anyone have any input on this kind of injury. IT doesn't really 'hurt' so much as it feels strange, kind of like a little Charley-horse or something.

Thanks,
    Last edited by FishMan473; 06-11-2007 at 12:45 PM.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    I have a car. I made a choice. I ride my bike.

recovering roadie
    As a recipient of an ACL reconstruction in 2003, I would have a PT or orthopedist have a look at it. Hopefully you just stretched some stuff.

There are some good sports med. doctors up there in Flag. Good luck.

viva la v-brakes!
    Yeah, I'm trying to figure out if this is a minor, 'rest it for a couple days' kind of injury or a major 'rest it for weeks or worse' sort of injury. I guess I'll give it til Tuesday AM to see if it feels any better, meanwhile try to figure out my new PPO so I'm ready to make the call.

And BTW, looks like I hadn't updated my user info for a while, I moved out of Flag a year ago... but there's plenty of sports docs in Madison too.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    I have a car. I made a choice. I ride my bike.

recovering roadie
    Should have known. Not many wet roots in Flag.