mtbr member

The BEST ride ever!!!

The best ride ever is the fist one after a bad injury, I rode about 5
    miles on a smooth hard pack flat trail today, it was the fist time I
    have been on a bike in months and I have only been full weight bearing
    for a couple weeks.

I got passed by a 70 year old woman on a Huffy but I just cant stop smiling!
    Its going SOOOOO much better than my doc said it would (hope he doesn't
    see this or I may get a bigger bill, a lecture or both )

Ray

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

I know how you felt

I was almost in tears my first ride back. The feel of the grips in my hands, the motion of the cranks, the wind in my face, the absolute feeling of liberation. Welcome back.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Thanks for replying, 81 views and only one comment, I guess people must be jealous of my bad ass titanium leg mods lots of pricey bikes here but me and my bike ring in at about $71,500 with the after market upgrades

Seriously it was awesome to feel the wind in my face again, by mid summer I should be back in the dirt doing some mellow trail rides.

I have a Prophet and and F5, the hard tail is going to be more than a enough for me for a good long while but I think I may sell it and make the FS bike more "street"

regards
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    I was almost in tears my first ride back. The feel of the grips in my hands, the motion of the cranks, the wind in my face, the absolute feeling of liberation. Welcome back.
    Last edited by Ray Lee; 01-08-2008 at 06:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

I just can't let new threads go unanswered for long

I had my own odyssey to tell (see "Distal Radius Fracture-four months later"), my first time here and got used to having peeps chime in. Then I realized how many threads started by someone just injured or just about to go into their first surgery went unanswered. Well, fock that, I'm here to offer what I can.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Ah, Tibial Plateau? Ouch. I did my tib/fib with a spiral.

I got to road ride outdoors starting last month. What a feeling. Scary at first but then feeling more confident and just pushing. Had a great time. I'm hoping my first mtn ride will come within the next few weeks!
    :wq

consistent default champ
    Any riding would be wonderful! I've really only been off my bike just over a month but it seems like ages.....especially when my husband is out riding right now!!
    My physical therapist said maybe another two weeks and I can go on an easy ride. I'll see what the doctor says next Thursday.
    I got a prophet also

banned

My front tire

weighs 7 pounds

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by La Mano Poderosa
    weighs 7 pounds
    I can't figure out how this is related to the thread
    :wq

don't move for trees
    so did you remove bone for the option of ti screw and plates to loose that much more weight? man thats intense.

I know how you feel, i didn't break any thing, but was away from bikes for 4 months, couldn't touch one or any thing. then when i went home, i practically slept with my bike
    "Get a bicycle.You will not regret it if you live." Mark Twain

mtbr member

over 800 miles!!!

Over 600 miles on the street/bike paths, almost 200 in the dirt and do not count the trainer miles at home!!!

There was one little bone fragment stuck in my meniscus the doctor did not want to touch but it looks like it moved so he is going to pull it next week (good news for the long term I guess)

Man its been a long time but its looking like this is going to end well

Ray