mtbr member

bad Dr. and painful ribs

I head out for a mtb ride tues. eve. I space out on the last section of this downhill (I was actually thinking about how plush my fork felt) next thing I know my front tire hits something and I get ejected from my bike flying through the air to land on my right side and forearm. I get up do a little assessment feel okay get back on the bike with my bloody arm and make my way back home.

My right side and rib feels sore the next day but not painful I decided to go on a 40 mile road bike ride, no problem.

Next day I considered mtb that day but didn't feel like jostling my side around. I also think I should get my rib checked out. Manage to get into see a "new" Dr. at Boulder Medical Center. All I really wanted was an x-ray and urgent care is $100 so I opt to see an internal med. Dr. for $25. Wait and wait, they forget about me, and finally the assistant comes out and said both the Dr. and radiologist did not find a fracture.

So I head home and decide to go for another road ride. Avoid the busy hwy and head up a hill. Breathing a bit harder almost at the top I feel a pop and then the pain hit hard. I could barely breathe, standing up in the saddle was not even possible, which sucks becuase I was psyched to get back on the single speed and maybe race.

I finally make it home now in much more pain still can't figure out what the hell happened or how much time I'll need to heal. Huge bummer! Anyone experience this scenario????

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Check this out

A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett