mtbr member

Anyone ever gotten Anemia?

I just got a blood work test done because of the flu and I have Anemia. Has anyone else ever been diagnosed with anemia/iron deficiency during the season. I'm trying to figure out what I should do about it. Any experiences/suggestions?
    "Once someone asked me what pleasure I got out of riding my bike for so long. Pleasure, I asked? I don't understand the question. I didn't do it for pleasure. I did it for pain." ~ Lance Armstrong

mtbr member
    I've been there. How anemic are you? Are you a guy or a gal? Many things can cause anemia. You can replace iron with a supplement but if you don't understand and correct the underlying problem the anemia will keep coming back. My suggestion-- more tests, a good doctor.

mtbr member
    I'm a guy. Apparently, it's not very bad/still in the early stages. My doctor thinks that it has to do with me being a vegitarian. He said it would be a couple weeks on iron supplements and iron rich foods and I should be as good as new.
    "Once someone asked me what pleasure I got out of riding my bike for so long. Pleasure, I asked? I don't understand the question. I didn't do it for pleasure. I did it for pain." ~ Lance Armstrong

mtbr member
    Santa Cruz Bullit AM build
    www.needmusic.com

mtbr member
    I'm had to take supplements while I was pregnant.
    Being a bloke it's probably just not getting enough iron in your diet or even the minerals/vitamins that help you absorb iron (can't remember which exactly it is now - vitamin C?).
    I didn't know at the time but I think I also got it when I was at school - constant tiredness no matter how much sleep you get is one sign.

Good thing you've caught it in the early stages, should be quicker to get back to normal.
    [SIZE="2"]Life's a bi&*h & then you Ride![/SIZE]

Calm Like a Bomb
    just remember to take your iron supps with food...also, vit c helps with iron absorption

just ride
    i was told i was anemic a while back...... in college i was a vegitarian for about 4 years, and near the end of that, I was tired all the time and went to the doc to see what was up.

he told me that i was anemic, and that it was due to being a vegitarian because i was not raised vegitarian, and my blood type was not proper for it.

it seems that if you were raised on meat, your body becomes accustomed to it, and you will need it. I do. I pretty much have to eat a big chunk of red dead cow about 1-2 times a week, or I feel tired.

Also, there is a book called "eating right for your blood type". Check it out, it gives good suggestions on how to balance your mineral needs.
    MTBR Disclaimer: I work for Salsa Cycles
    Ride: www.chequamegon100.com