mtbr member
    May 2005

Any ideas for a painful thumb/wrist?

In April, I crashed during a very intense raced and sprang my thumb/wrist really badly. I have been trying to ride more but it seems like every time I ride, it's painful. Is there a way to get around this?

Maybe get gloves with lots gel?

Thanks,
    Chanel

Double-metric mtb man
    Hey Echs_gal,

Additional padding may help, but I'd check with your doc about it. After all, I'd hate for you to do more damage if things aren't right there yet. Tell him what you've told us: when I try to ride, it hurts... and I want to ride, so what can I do to make it not hurt.

Here's hoping it isn't anything serious and you're back on two wheels in a bigger way soon.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mike
    Hey Echs_gal,

Additional padding may help, but I'd check with your doc about it. After all, I'd hate for you to do more damage if things aren't right there yet. Tell him what you've told us: when I try to ride, it hurts... and I want to ride, so what can I do to make it not hurt.

Here's hoping it isn't anything serious and you're back on two wheels in a bigger way soon.
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mike
    Hey Echs_gal,

I agree with going to the doc. It sounds like this might be more than a sprain, but you'll want to have a doctor look at it and get an xray in order to be sure. And until you get to the doctor, stay off the bike! You could only be injuring things more if you continue to ride with that pain. Besides, riding with that kind of pain sucks.
    :wq