Thread: Ankle braces?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Ankle braces?

Well after reading the injury section it looks like I'm not the only one to have ankles full of plates and screws. Luckily I have had it all removed now. So does anyone have recommendations on ankle brace selection? I have used hard plastic aircast braces my doctor gave me and lace up ones I bought. It's been a couple years since injury (knock on wood) and I want to try and prevent anything in the future during aggressive riding. So what are you using?

fastdownhill
    Quote Originally Posted by stealth71
    Well after reading the injury section it looks like I'm not the only one to have ankles full of plates and screws. Luckily I have had it all removed now. So does anyone have recommendations on ankle brace selection? I have used hard plastic aircast braces my doctor gave me and lace up ones I bought. It's been a couple years since injury (knock on wood) and I want to try and prevent anything in the future during aggressive riding. So what are you using?
    I'm using the lace up support. Seems to hold up well and limit the movement. Can't wait to get my hardware removed.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    any suggestoins for a good laceup brace? or others? links?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I just picked up another lace up from the local sports store (sports authority). I am going to test it out. Most of them are very similar. Just go somewhere and try them on. There are some other types of braces, but they can get expensive fast. The DonJoy braces look very nice, but I haven't used one.

mtbr member
    sixsixone makes a couple nice pieces. Check out your local motocross shop or their website.