Thread: Am i ill?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Am i ill?

Don't know if anyone can help me out but you never know. Everytime i go for a long ride or a big session of fr, I notice that i feel very lightheaded and generally quite ill. i always try to take out supplies with me when i ride but no matter how much i eat and drink i still feel the same afterwards.
    I have tried gel's and enery drinks they just seem to make me want to ride for longer thus not helping my cause much. Whenever i sit down to fuel up mid ride i can feel the symptons crawling in (useally i start to feel very dizzy).
    The only thing that seem's to help is drinking stupid amounts of pepsi cola even then i still don't feel particually great.
    Any advice would be much appreciated because this is starting to ruin my riding.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    i will throw an idea out there. You could have diabetes if drinking a lot of pepsi helps (raises blood sugar)

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I best get a blood test i think.

local trails rider
    If it has been going on for some time, you should really look for medical advice.

edit:
    maybe get a nurse to check your blood pressure, to start with.
    Last edited by perttime; 02-22-2008 at 05:08 AM.

mtbr member
    I agree, medical advice is the best for you at the moment

meh... whatever
    the sugars in the gels and energy drinks youre consuming will raise your blood sugar as well, so the boost youre getting from pepsi is more likely caffeine than sugar. and chugging pop isnt a real good idea because of the high HFCS content of most sodas (pepsi included). HFCS is reeeeeeally bad for the bod on many different levels.

need to head to your doc and get a complete blood screen done for starters. its kinda spendy, but it looks at fats, electrolytes, glucose, cbc, and thyroid. try to rule out or identify the most obvious first.
    "The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away."

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Thanks for all the help guys, i'm going to sort out an appointment and get my blood screened and tested. Some of the post's worried me a bit

local trails rider
    If you don't feel good, and it keeps up, there's obviously something wrong.

Could be as simple as too much Pepsi and hamburgers... but we have no way of knowing for sure, before you get some real tests done.

bike-parts-direct.co.uk
    Feb 2008

umm

symptoms sound like re either not eating properly before - but if you say you are then it could be :

diabetes
    high blood pressure

please seek some medical advice ASAP.
    You must ride like a Professional to become one!

Buying too many Bike Parts?