Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Hey guys, 3 months ago I was in a motorcycle crash which gave me a grade 2 Ac seperation. I have the bump on my shoulder, with lots of popping.I have been getting back into the gym noticed a lot of pain in the joint so went back to the Ortho. He said I had weightlifter shoulder gave me a cortisone shot and said come back in a month if it's not better to discuss surgery. Does anyone know if I get the surgery which shaves the bone, will this help to reduce the bump? I hate having the bump, it's been really depressing.

mtbr member
    Try doing a bucket load of pushups. As the chest muscles tighten up it pulls the collar bone down. I had a grade 2+bump. Spent a year doing a fair bit of pushups. About 200 a day every other day. And the bump went away.
    your results may vary

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Im really trying to decide wether or not to get this surgery to reconstruct my Ac joint. Going to the gym and strength training is something I don't want to live without. I am really wanting to get back into lifting heavy weights some day. It been almost 4 months now and still holds me back. It doesn't feel like it could take any kind of serious load. Like a 500lb deadlift, and benching 315. I can't imagine doing that with the way my shoulder is. Has anyone had success after the surgery with lifting heavy? My doctor told me I would have to stay out of the weight room for 6 months after the surgery to make sure it is fully healed before stressing it. Any advice on surgery or no surgery would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Earchel; 02-09-2016 at 06:27 PM. Reason: More information

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Earchel, I'm 6 months out from AC tightrope surgery and spend a lot of time strength training. My pre injury best bench was 315 (3 plates was enough). I'm working my way back carefully. I'm doing reps with 135 now. I'm going to be real patient with it. Especially with lifts that stress the joint. It feels stable but I hate the bump as well and don't want to risk it coming back. I do think I will get there though.

The good news is that the dramatic atrophy I experienced after surgery (it was shocking) came back quickly after I got back into the gym. Every day it feels stronger and less of an issue. That was one issue I had before surgery, looking at how bad my shoulder looked just zapped my motivation to train.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I had surgery last May to correct a grade 3 separation. Prior to my accident I worked out a lot, roughly 4-5 times a week. At first I contemplated surgery, I actually waited a month before I decided to have the surgery. I had a lot of pain and didn't see any improvement with in the month so I opted for the surgery. My main reason for the surgery was to eliminate the pain. I asked the Ortho specifically how long would it be before I would be able to work out heavy again. His answer was well it depends, like your Dr. said at least 6 month before I can start lifting. Its been nearly 9 months since my surgery and and I'm not 100% to where I was before the surgery. The Dr. told me 6-18 months as did my PT. Both said it would be a while. I can do pull ups again but for some reason lat pull downs are uncomfortable. Push ups still bother me some. I feel popping when I do certain activities and certain movements. I don't regret having the surgery one bit. The pain I felt was gone after surgery besides the pain that comes along with the surgery. It sucks a lot, I lost weight from not being able to hit the gym. I have altered my workouts to accomadate my shoulder. It's taken me longer to get back into the gym because I also broke my heel in my accident. I hope all goes well with what ever decision you make. Good luck.

mtbr member
    My martial arts master advises against getting surgery...

I've done pull ups, bench press, lateral raises, triceps ext. (seated/lying down), bicep curls... w/o too much issue.

Of course the weight is down a bit (apart from chins) o_0

Holding the kick shields really aggravates the old AC...

Will be 3 months since injury in 10 days. Thinking it'll be be good 6-8 months before I'm back to normal.

Know another fella, that did his a year ago. It's still giving him grief.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    #1 resolution... Ride it like I stole it!!
    to err is human... to face plant is frickin hilarious!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Earchel, just noticed you say you have a grade 2 separation. Very surprised you were offered surgery for that. For Grade 3 it's a highly debated topic, but seemed pretty settled that "no surgery" was the route for Grade 1 and 2.

If your just talking about the distal clavicle excision (shaving the end of the clavicle) I don't think that's really going to give you anymore stability in the joint. It will just deal with any impingement issues you have and make it look a bit better.

There are several surgeries that are designed to address stability issues but they all are focused on reconnecting the clavicle to the coracoid. Grade 2 would imply you still have a connection there.

If the bump is significant though it might be worth getting a second opinion on the grade. The docs sometimes get it wrong.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by ClimberXC View Post
    Earchel, just noticed you say you have a grade 2 separation. Very surprised you were offered surgery for that. For Grade 3 it's a highly debated topic, but seemed pretty settled that "no surgery" was the route for Grade 1 and 2.

If your just talking about the distal clavicle excision (shaving the end of the clavicle) I don't think that's really going to give you anymore stability in the joint. It will just deal with any impingement issues you have and make it look a bit better.

There are several surgeries that are designed to address stability issues but they all are focused on reconnecting the clavicle to the coracoid. Grade 2 would imply you still have a connection there.

If the bump is significant though it might be worth getting a second opinion on the grade. The docs sometimes get it wrong.
    Yes I was told that is a grade 2 but said it was as bad as a 2 could get. The doctor wants to shave off the end of the clavicle. I think if I was someone who didn't lift that would be fine. He did however say that it could leave my joint more unstable for weight lifting and if it creates and issue then he might have to do a tightrope surgery. The main reason I want to try and get it fixed is because I want to lift heavy again. It's been almost 4 months and I tried to set up to do a dip and didn't even try because I could feel my shoulder couldn't handle it. It is all just very confusing. I don't want to get the surgery and end up worse, but if surgery could give me a normal functioning shoulder it would be worth the 6-12 month waiting period to me. Thx for the responses guys, this has been hard to deal with on my own.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016

Ac separation grade 1 or 2 ?

Hi guys! I suffered a shoulder injury 7 weeks ago, falling on my right shoulder dancing. Went to MRI and Xray, doctors confirmed the acromioclavicular joint is normal, BUT I feel a bump on my shoulder much prominent than the left shoulder. I took an Xray for both shoulders to compare and I see a slight difference in spaces. I will upload pictures here to see. Also i still feel pain in my shoulder, i have full range of motion but not pain free.

left shoulder (normal) http://i64.tinypic.com/spg7yc.png

Right shoulder (injured)
    http://i66.tinypic.com/svkl09.png

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    See next post
    Last edited by FL mtb; 03-21-2016 at 01:45 PM. Reason: double post

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    St. Patrick's Day 2016. Won't ever forget it! Headed out to the local off road park by myself after work, anticipating a fast run before a Guinness for the holiday. Beautiful Florida day! Put on my lightest biking shirt and went out on a fairly fast and level section and made it only 3/10 of a mile out before tires washed out coming out of a left berm. Never fell at such a speed on such a hard surface. Knew it was happening and turned the back of my shoulder to the clay and expected to roll right out of it like I had many times before. At impact I knew my left AC joint was cooked. Put my hand atop my shoulder and felt my collarbone jutting over the acromion. Called my wife, then called the orthopedist, before leaving the park. It was a ***** trying to put my bike on the rack one handed.

I went to urgent care to verify no fractures. Looks like a Grade 3 to me. Heading to the orthopedist in an hour or so.

I am a physical therapist and pretty much know how this is going to go down, but reading all of the stories here has lifted my spirits so much. The initial thought after falling was that I spoiled a great day to ride. The second thought, reinforced after looking at my deformed shoulder in the urgent care, was that I have irreparably changed the anatomy and biomechanics of my shoulder.

However, after seeing how you guys have willed yourself back to the activities you live for, I am much more upbeat. I especially am thrilled to read about returns to swimming and surfing. Thanks for posting your experiences.

A blurry iPhone pic, but you get the idea...

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    First thing the orthopedist said after looking at the x-ray? "What a clean shoulder..." Seems I trashed a perfectly good shoulder. :-(

Off work and in the sling 2 weeks with no elevation past 90 degrees or shoulder height. He asked to see how high I could elevate my arm. Earlier this morning I could go just short of shoulder height, about 80 degrees, with some scapular elevation, or shoulder shrugging. In his office I went about 150 with a little better mechanics. It's improving daily.

But it needs rest for a little longer. I have ordered an off the shelf (off the internet!) acromioclavicular sling as he suggested. Should be here in 2 days. My daughter taped me up with Leukotape which really feels as though it has helped the stability. My two chief complaints at this point are the feeling of instability when I try to flex or abduct the shoulder, and the trapezius fatigue/tightening that I have felt when out walking a few miles. I have very little soreness there. I've turned down narcotics twice now, and I'm only using Ibuprofen and ice to manage discomfort.

I'll be back on a bike soon. Weight bearing lightly on that arm makes it feel better. I'll also be elevating to shoulder height in the pool soon.

Gotta get ready for a 27 mile ride in the woods in CT May 15th! Not missing Tour de Lyme!

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Couldn't wait. Took the bike out for 4.25 miles around the golf course in my neighborhood. A little sore moving my hand from my side to the bar and back. Otherwise, all good!

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    And nearly 18 more today on multi use path...

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    DAY 6

No riding today, so I went out for some parts to refresh my daughter's old Trek 820 Mountain Track. New wheelset, RD, cassette, and chain. about an hour in I shed the $3 sling. About another hour in, my new A/C brace arrived via FedEx. Goofed around another hour or so, and now I think I'm going to pay for it. I can feel swelling right at the a/c joint and it's as uncomfortable as it's been. I'm in the new brace, which I think I'm going to like, with ice on me and Motrin in me...

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Easily my best night of sleep last night. I've been sleeping on my back. I hadn't done a full night in the bed until last night. The couch has been more comfortable. I put my arm straight out to the side, which seemed to reduce the end of the clavicle. I was going to stay in this position only a few minutes, but wound up waking up a couple hours later. I then went on my right side, which has been uncomfortable for the injured shoulder, and woke up in that position. It was only minimally sore. I think taping my shoulder and the new brace have really helped. My wife put three strips of Kinesiotape (KT) tape, over the acromion last night, but I think Leukotape works better. It's a little less elastic. Little riding to get the blood flowing later!
    Last edited by FL mtb; 03-24-2016 at 08:16 PM.

mtbr member
    Had a wee tumble on my last ride - impacted rear of right shoulder (luckily on a rotten log i.e. semi soft landing)... have put my AC back 6-8 weeks =( going to quick on a night ride >.<

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I separated my shoulder (grade 3) a week ago snowboarding. This thread has been good for learning more about this. Planning on getting a second opinion soon, but right now I'm leaning towards no surgery.

A couple questions though:

I've been taping the shoulder which makes it feel less creepy, but do you think it helps speed recovery or could reduce that bump if I stick with it?

Does that "creepy" my arms hanging by a thread, and the clavicle is poking out feeling ever go away? Not just get used to it, but go away?

and finally, how long should I keep using the sling?

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    I'm doing the sling for two weeks. I got a specific acromioclavicular sling on the internet. Search Kenny Howard sling. I can get much more support than from a regular shoulder sling. The taping sure makes my shoulder feel better, but I don't know if there is any evidence showing it improves the deformity long term. There is less of that unstable feeling at one week post injury, but it doesn't take long out of the sling to tire the shoulder and get that sensation of instability with the collarbone poking up into the trapezius. Then I return to the sling and ice it. Rode 17.5 miles today, mostly flat path and about 2 miles of light trail, with just a couple twinges. Can't yet use the left arm to help lift the bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    This was a great Forum to visit to after such an injury. It all seems so tragic ... mine was caused fromover rotating on tabletop and landing hard on dominant right shoulder.
    Not very much pain just discomfort and floppy arm. I went to the Emergency ward and discovered a 21 mm separation of CC joint (vs 8mm on good side). All the worries about what have I done and options of surgery.
    MRI indicates grade 3+ with sprain to deltoid and a near full thickness tear to supraspinatus (a rotator cuff). The rest all good.
    That was on the 22 February .. So 4.5 weeks ago.
    I have seen 5 physios and all seem to push towards PT. I went to the Public hospital orthopedic unit ... That was bad ... they had a model of the shoulder joint that was wrong.
    So basic Timeline has been:
    First week rest and sling
    Second week rest and started pendulum swings and a little use
    Third week basic ROM exercises
    Fourth week. More whole body ROM exercises. Started a few light weights and theraband.
    Overall I am lucky as I haven't experienced much Pain.
    I already had a bit of scapula winging on that shoulder ... so I thing that makes it worse.
    I try to set and hold the shoulder AC joint together from muscle setting. I sleep on back at night. In the end it may scar up ... at the moment I am just trying to keep things aligned under the false hope scar tissue may form.
    I was in NZ when I did it and traveled around a little after the injury. Overall I have seen 5 physios. They all seem positive with my progress so far. Just light ROM. I have kept it taped most of the time as that keeps me aware of proprioception. Really having to work on scapula control and correct movement of it. and then strengthen all the muscles. Just take some time and plenty of conscious PT...

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Bad Side and good side xrays
    Attached Images Attached Images   

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Day 8

Found out what it feels like to roll to the injured left side last night. I will call that pain. Woke the wife when I yelped. Kinda bummed to wake up to a stiff, sore shoulder this morning, and bummed again after removing the tape and taking a look in the mirror. The deformity isn't changing.

On the flip side, I got in the pool, primarily for maintenance, but found I could breast stroke a few laps without pain before fatigue set in, and I could weight bear enough on that arm to lift myself out of the pool. I also did some light buoyancy assisted shoulder range of motion. I won't be trying any freestyle for another week. It felt very good after the first pool session.

Up and down...

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    This thread is by a guy who taped his clavicle down for a while. The after picture looks like it may have helped
    AC joint dislocation - Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Thanks for that link! That was encouraging to read, especially as his separation looks as though it was a bit worse than mine. I think I'll be using Hypafix under Leukotape for the next application. The Kinesiotape did not irritate my skin as much as Leukotape, but it is not quite as supportive.

The markings down the left side of my back are nearly identical to his abrasions.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Are you taping it like the video he linked to? Is there some better way?

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    I'm not using nearly as extensive a tape job. Basically using three or four strips. I followed this link:

Conservative management of a type III acromioclavicular separation: a case report and 10-year follow-up

The 10 year x-ray looks encouraging, but the author calls the injury "an incomplete type III" separation.

I have my wife or daughter put an addition strip from front to back, scapula to pectoralis major, over the end of the collarbone. Taping definitely reduces the separation and the shoulder feels better. I need to be a bit more compliant as I spent several hours without the tape on today. I could have left it in place in the pool. The best reduction occurs with the sling.

Just got back from 17.8 road bike miles. The shoulder felt good, whether on the hoods or in the drops. Got one twinge when my right foot slipped off the pedal as I attempted to clip in.
    Last edited by FL mtb; 03-25-2016 at 05:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    curious what you shoulder guys have to say..

Prior history, left shoulder rotator cuff repair, 2008, right shoulder, orthopod gave the nod for same repair 2012...have not had it done.

Jan 21 missed a 5ft jump and partially landed on my right shoulder..pain was instant and severe, hard to describe as the entire shoulder area hurt. Next day could only raise my arm from my side or front about 10". Based on past shoulder injuries this one did not feel like the rotator cuff. I figured an Acromioclavicular Joint Sprain grade II. Rested it for a couple weeks then began a series of ROM and week four began light strength training and got back on the bike both road and MTB though less aggressive on the MTB. Now into week 8 and am now curious if I DX it correctly.
    Of course I lost some strength due to the down time but....I noticed when doing bicep curls its painful to completely supinate my hand and then complete the motion. My tendency is not fully supinate the hand. Pouring water from the coffee pot into the coffee maker is quite painful and have to support the pot with my left hand. Doing shoulder raises with any kind of weight with the hand supinated is pretty tough, with the hand pronated much easier. Sleeping can be sketchy..it woke me up every night until just recently but have adjusted my sleep position, more on my back to take pressure off the joint. What feels odd...the fatigue I feel in the deltoid..like vacuuming or holding the 2 stroke blower..it tires quickly and on occasion when attempting to push something away from my body the shoulder feels like, for lack of a better term, wants to unhinge, not sure how to describe it...but the unhinge sensation is felt broadly across the shoulder including the deltoid and is not specific to the distal end of the clavicle which is the pinpoint area of the "sharp, piercing" pain most often felt.

thoughts????

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Two things come to mind:
    1) The condition of the long head of the biceps tendon, considered your fifth rotator cuff tendon, given your issue with supination and elbow flexion. Inflamed or injured post fall? Remember, too, that it connects to the labrum at the top of the glenoid.
    2) The extent of that pre-existing rotator cuff tear.
    An MRI would go a long way to help pinpoint the issue. Good luck with your latest recovery!

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Just got back from a cruise. Where better to recover? I continue to tape the shoulder daily.
    Day 11 - ran without sling on a treadmill without issue
    Day 12 - discontinued to sling (available for anybody who wants to try it in the first couple weeks after injury!)
    Day 13 - snorkeling - no overhead strokes yet
    Day 14 - resuming flexion and abduction past 90 degrees - essentially have full ROM
    Running and biking are no problem. Haven't tried freestyle swimming yet.

I saw a kid on one of the cruise outings who clearly had a separated shoulder. Turns out he is a 16 year old from the UK who separated his shoulder snowboarding in February in the Alps. He was issued a clavicle splint, but used it little. No taping. He states he has full function now. He said he just started sleeping on his injured side, which is still uncomfortable for me ay Day 17. He showed me his x-ray, which looked very much like mine. When I have no tape on my shoulder, our deformities look identical. He has elected to have surgery in a couple months "to get rid of the lump." It was nice to talk to somebody with a nearly identical injury.
    Last edited by FL mtb; 04-03-2016 at 04:44 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    I'm remembering now that I'm not the first in my immediate family to have an A/C separation. A few years ago, my son was skateboarding with friends and had a fall. He has had the "bump" at the A/C joint since. I'm guessing his is a Grade 2 separation.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Yesterday was Day 18 and my first day back at work. I had to remove the Kinesiotape because of blistering. Shoulder felt good, but by the last client at 6 PM, it was fatigued and I rested when I got home. I'd like to get the tape back on soon as I really feel it will help with the final clavicle position and the extent of the deformity.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I'm on day 21 and it does feel quite a bit better. Not sure I can stick with the taping though it's pretty rough on my skin, we'll see.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Glad you're feeling better. Really thinking I'm glad I didn't jump into any surgery, but at less than 3 weeks, it is awfully early...

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    One thing that I wonder about, and I'm no expert on anatomy or the mechanics of the shoulder/AC Joint, but if the clavicle was down where it was originally but no longer attached, is there more likelihood of them bumping into each other when you raise your arm up by your ear?

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Valid concern, I think. I'm hoping for enough scarring to stabilize the joint without creating too much AC degeneration down the road. That scenario is one of the arguments against the surgery. However, the collarbone can be shortened at the time of the surgery or later if problems arise.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Up to 5 miles running at Day 20. Still haven't gone to the trail or tried freestyle swimming yet.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by FL mtb View Post
    Two things come to mind:
    1) The condition of the long head of the biceps tendon, considered your fifth rotator cuff tendon, given your issue with supination and elbow flexion. Inflamed or injured post fall? Remember, too, that it connects to the labrum at the top of the glenoid.
    2) The extent of that pre-existing rotator cuff tear.
    An MRI would go a long way to help pinpoint the issue. Good luck with your latest recovery!
    You pretty much nailed it.

saw my trusted orthopod today...xrays taken and of course he manipulated the shoulder. He ruled out further damage to the rotator cuff, DX was bicep and grade II AC sprain. Said I was lucky I did not tear the bicep totally as apparently its not that hard to do, another couple weeks and should be good to go.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Glad it'll be a quick recovery!

You gave a pretty detailed description of your issue, which made it easier to guess. If you'd completely torn the long head of the biceps, you'd have had a ball of muscle just above the front of your elbow. That's another condition the orthopedist probably wouldn't repair unless you were a high level competetive athlete.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Day 21 - 3 weeks
    Bit achey today. Maybe from last night's 5 miles. Changed the daughter's oil and could feel twinges here and there. Had the wife apply 2 strips of Kinesiotape. At the very least, it reminds me to use good posture. Might try the trail this weekend...

mtbr member
    5 months in and thing still gives me grief from time to time... very rarely do I notice it while riding.

Did take a wee tumble a couple of weeks ago that aggravated it some, but I don't think did and extra damage.

I can do palm up chins and don't feel a thing (225lbs) but, try and do 1 press up (handlebar width) and it grinds and groans!?

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    One month:

I can run - did 6 miles on the road yesterday.
    I can bike - did 12 miles in the woods today without a problem, though I did thump a tree with that shoulder on a tight left turn.
    I can do pull ups and push ups with a little soreness right at the AC joint. I can do 5# standing flexion and abduction.
    I feel the joint most at rest. I am able to sleep for short periods on the injured side.
    Haven't been back in the water yet.
    I mowed the lawn and raked the front yard after my ride today without difficulty.
    I guess I'm happily surprised with where I am one month into a three month recovery.
    Last edited by FL mtb; 04-17-2016 at 04:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    FL mtb, does it seem like the taping has helped keep the clavicle down?

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    I haven't taped it for several days now, mainly due to irritation. The shoulder does feel ok without it now, too, in terms of stability. However, the deformity hasn't changed in the last couple weeks. I will use the tape when I return to the pool.

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    here's mine - happened of course 1 day after I register for Grinduro

grade 3 AC separation - no surgery needed for now

invisible wheel eating hole got me...blargh

Ac Separation (shoulder Separation)-ac.jpg

Ac Separation (shoulder Separation)-dammit.jpg

look foward to reading through this thread
    Click Here for Forum Rules

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Wow! Look at that gap. How's it feeling? Are you able to lift your arm at all? Is this affecting your work?

I'm 6 weeks (and 2 hours!) after injuring mine. Seems like a lifetime ago. Still a bit sore at times. I'm running as much as 6.5 miles, biking a couple hrs on the road and an hour in the woods. I did swim freestyle about 10 minutes several days ago, and it felt clunky; not really smooth at all, and definitely lacking some power when pulling with that left arm. I still haven't taped it again, but I will say again that it really helped decrease the feeling of instability early on. Doing 10# dumbbell and theraband strengthening. Signed up for a sprint triathlon in September, so that swim needs to improve!

Keep updating! Good luck, brother!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Completed my first two full p90x workouts, chest and back, shoulders and biceps, since F'ing the shoulder up 3 months ago. From not being able to lift my arm 10" to doing dumbbell shoulder presses with 25lbs,shoulder is still not 100%, maybe 80% and still having mild discomfort doing any exercise palm up and still wakes me up though not as often. The good news my rides are pain free...

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Sounds like good progress. Can take awhile for things to heal and all of the inflammation to resolve, eh?

Do you have that step deformity at the end of your collarbone? I don't remember you mentioning any. I know you said Grade 2...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Sounds like good progress. Can take awhile for things to heal and all of the inflammation to resolve, eh?

Do you have that step deformity at the end of your collarbone? I don't remember you mentioning any. I know you said Grade 2...
    was noticeable in the beginning, not to much now unless one knows where to look.

serious grinding and popping with light weight straight arm dumbbell raises, 10lbs..sounds like it should hurt more then it does
    and yes..taking a while..but my age, 60, I am sure is working against me. In fact though unrelated, I would say my healing, strength and endurance is down probably 10-15% from age 55..at some point we start aging in dog years..

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Sixty?! Inspiring man! I'd like to think I'm decades away, but I'm really right behind ya! Going for a run...

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator
    Wow! Look at that gap. How's it feeling? Are you able to lift your arm at all? Is this affecting your work?

I'm 6 weeks (and 2 hours!) after injuring mine. Seems like a lifetime ago. Still a bit sore at times. I'm running as much as 6.5 miles, biking a couple hrs on the road and an hour in the woods. I did swim freestyle about 10 minutes several days ago, and it felt clunky; not really smooth at all, and definitely lacking some power when pulling with that left arm. I still haven't taped it again, but I will say again that it really helped decrease the feeling of instability early on. Doing 10# dumbbell and theraband strengthening. Signed up for a sprint triathlon in September, so that swim needs to improve!

Keep updating! Good luck, brother!

can't lift arm yet - but it's getting better. been 3 days and off of the Norco now...and back to work on Monday.

great to hear your recovery is motoring along nicely
    Click Here for Forum Rules