Thread: 1Week in......

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

1Week in......

......This ain't my 1st Rodeo either.

Last Sun. I had one of the hardest falls i've ever had. Overshot a curving/bending waterbar, landed slightly off-trail, and my bars were ripped from my hands by some thick brush on the righthand side of the trail. It was over quick about 20 yards later and I knew it was 1 of 3 things. Colarbone, Sep. Shoulder or a Dislocation. I had some x-rays and was told I had a Shoulder Sep. that was Grade 3. No surgery though. I've had the same thing with my other shoulder but a much lesser degree, like a 1 / 2 Grade.

The worst, most painful part of this whole thing is actually the half-rack of ribs I bruised the heck out of and a technicolor bruised hip/thigh. All on the left-side. Oh, and did I mention i'm Left-handed! Kinda sucks to be me right now!

Anyhow, thanks for reading and to those here who are also broken, happy healing.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Happens quick don't it?

This is xcguy. You and I have traded private messages about Santa Cruz bikes. Sorry to hear about your crash. At least tell us you were on an '07 Heckler or Bullit when that bush grabbed you!

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Hey XCGuy.....

Good to hear from ya....

Actually I was railin' my Singlespeed SIR9 from Niner Bikes.
    - Still sellin' the crap outta those new Superlights though, I've got 5 in stock now plus a
    Juliana. Wrenching is a little tough Right-handed!