mtbr member

Bonking ... not feelin' well 1st Serious Injury (Overtraining with running)

Not seriously until going on to the surgery bed, but dejected, very dejected.

I usually train mon to friday with stopping saturday for recover till sunday in that my team & me used to ride the "long trail".

1 month ago due to the losse of sun light ending summer, decided to start running by the evenings (less time spend & high intensity of exercice). I never gone to run until this days & due to my happiness running very easily, probably I extended too much the trainings (10 to 15 km per day). I never made it ever in my live!

This weekend my knees said STOP! due to a extremly overload of cuadriceps insertion into the ligaments. Hurt, many hurt that leave me to stop cicling & call a friend that lead me to home.

Recomendation (military order seemed told me ) of 3 weeks with NO EXERCISE OF ANY KIND.

Well, is my firs serious injury by overtraining I wanted to share this down hours with no trailing with all you. Spending all the day in the ****ed internet & remembering the fresh wind in my face while trailing by my loved mountains.

Greetings from Europe.

Hey guys, I very very apologize about my horripilant English. I'm just newbie in this matter. Just learning & improove it day by day (with your help, I hope).

mtbr member
    your english is much better than my.....whatever your native language is so don't worry!

man, that's tough. get better soon! and make sure you obey the doc's orders. don't want to cheat and have to extend your inactivity.

mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by dewthedru
    ...whatever your native language is so don't worry!

...don't want to cheat and have to extend your inactivity.
    Spanish.

And... yesss!! I have temptations about cheat doctor.

AKA Dr.Nob
    That's why I don't run. It's far too dangerous!

Seriously you have to be very careful when you start to run because it puts high load through your legs and the muscles, tendons and bones take time to strengthen. This can be a lot worse if you are fit through other sports (riding) because your lungs can do what your legs aren't used to.
    Not that all teenagers are evil mind, just most of them.