mtbr member

$%@^%$^(*&^^)*^)*&%^$^%$^&$# Injury

I just got back from the doctor becauseI hurt my back playing rugby for the 4th time this year. I got prescribed 3-4 weeks of physical therapy, painkillers 15 times the strenght of aspirin, and a hinting that I might not be back on a bike until this summer. I was really upset but now I realize that I will be able to finish my new bike before then and I can completely overhaul my XC bike for this season. I am still dissapointed though.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    [I got prescribed 3-4 weeks of physical therapy, painkillers 15 times the strenght of aspirin)mmmm pain killers

I wanna talk to Samson!

fall

im recovering from a bad crash on tunnel trail. hand broken in 2 places, seperated shoulder, bruised and cracked ribs, various cuts and bruises, and a helmet split in 2. 2 weeks of vicadin for me.
    [SIZE=4]JackNugz[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    im recovering from a bad crash on tunnel trail. hand broken in 2 places, seperated shoulder, bruised and cracked ribs, various cuts and bruises, and a helmet split in 2. 2 weeks of vicadin for me.
    Not to sound like Dad here guys but becareful with the pain killers... I'm studying medicine, and from both experience and what I'm learning, its not a good thing to just pop those unless you "REALLY" need them. For instance,I had kidney stones the size of gumballs in my kidney a couple of years ago from a growth blocking the tube that leads to your bladder. Needless to say when you have kidney stones, it feels like someone hauled off and kicked you straight to the nut sack, and then spun you around and stabbed you in the lower back, with the feeling of the knife twisting around as a constant. Anyhow, I was not happy due to the constant pain so I started popping pills(as prescribed) every 4-6 hours. Now everyone's body is different in reacting and tolerance, however if you take pain pills constantly(as prescribed) for several days it leads to a negative chemical build up and you begin to experience the effects. It doesn't happen to all, and I'm no doctor, I just thought I'd pass on some friendly advice that if your stuck on a couch in pain, or in bed, etc, and not moving around sweating out toxins, water and what not, the build up of pain killer's can have an effect on your motor skills, mental skills, and overall well being. I'm not saying they don't "Rock" and ease the pain, I'm just saying, only take the "prescribed amount" and only when needed!!! Hope you guys recover soon, it sucks being injured!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    ... !!!